Companion questions?

jackalious

Why are Commandos given another DPS'er toon. It would seem that we are in need of healers. That goes for trooper period. Bounty Hunters which are our mirrors are given Mako who heals. Sages if I'm not mistaken are given a Tank. Guardians I believe are given ranged. So why would we not be given a healer. We are both standing 30 meters away using darn near the same talents. Something just doesn't seem right. Not to mention I am arsenal speced so I really don't move.

What lvl go I have to be to get a healer to help me survive. Not to mention I don't have any real way to stop Elite or Champs from going full force at me.

I like Commando I really don't want to go combat medic but it seems I am being pushed that way. It just seems we don't compliment each other at all. To top it off we butt heads a lot. which I think a lot of careers do.

What do you think???

Thanks for letting me know when you get a healer. Makes it something I can look forward to.

Still think its kinda jacked we don't get a healer from the start or a Melee to keep the fight away from us.

I'm Sure Melee think the same a I that healers should be a start but I just want one that makes me stronger not a duel BFG companion. Kinda of a head scratcher.

I was Empire from the start. I didn't understand Klem but realized that assassin was an after thought. So at lvl 40 I walked from assassin. I extremely enjoyed BH but I want the gun. Only down side to being a Merc and a commando is same playing style but once again wanted duel weilding pistols and I wanted the BFG. So I am not stuck playing the same style of avatar with the same basic skill tree with the same basic buttons.

You'll get Elara Dorne at the end of Taris (around level 20 or so). Alteratively, you can use your ship's protocol droid.

Ship protocol droid is crap because he has a handicap of a Main-Hand slot and Offhand slot. Your heals and dps are simply watered down.

Stick with Aric instead and don't solo Heroics 2+, even if you spec full heals, and at +6 Levels above the mob/quest requirement, you still can't do the Heroics 2+ in Taris.

Stick with Aric instead and don't solo Heroics 2+, even if you spec full heals, and at +6 Levels above the mob/quest requirement, you still can't do the Heroics 2+ in Taris.

^This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Commando is a soloing powerhouse, and many Heroic 2's are totally very soloable even when you only have level parity with the mobs (which will rarely ever happen as this game gives away xp like free candy at halloween)