The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ap/pyro build your thoughts. (pvp)

Lmonty

Hey guys I have been thinking about this build for a couple of days and need some opinions. Basically I am thinking of going up the advanced prototype tree to pick up charged gauntlets and up the pyro tree to prototype particl accelerator.

The thinking of this is that I keep all the goodies for rail shot from pyro but a also gain the charged gauntlet for the crits of rail shot. Given the synergy between rocket punch and rail shot this seems appealing.

So what do you guys think? Does this seem viable or just plain crazy??

Edited by Lmonty

Due to the point requirements of that build you'll have to sacrifice alot of the marginal talents that make rail shot so fantastic, including a 30% bonus crit damage, up to 15% bonus damage between upper tier pyro and first rank in ST, increased fire damage, etc. Its also important to note the side talents that make your rocket punch free do NOT end its cooldown, and that you'll be trying to alternate the retractable blade and flame burst since PPA lasts only for a few seconds and so does the autocrit.

All-in-all I think this build will have even an experienced player having to stair at their task bar, unless there's a way to tell that the next shot will autocrit (when you proc one you do the laugh)

Ok I hope to do some testing with this tonight to see what the difference is dps wise between full pyro and the charged gauntlets/ particle accelerator build. I intend to run 5 wz as each build and compare dps on all.

Have you guys any suggestions that would give me the most accurate comparison?