The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just started my first trooper, but I have a question

NikolasT

So far I'm level 6 on Ord Mantell.

Based on the character progression for Vanguard (Which is the advanced class I will choose) The armor is a dark green.

I like the classic look of a trooper, white and black armor with maybe a bit of color mixed in.

Is it possible to change the color of your armor? if so, where?

You may as well accept the fact that you will look like a circus freek until you get your lvl 40 pvp set (or possibly the lvl 20, though i never bothered with that set so im not 100% sure).

You could just keep checking the AH for oranges that match i suppose. Vanguard was my first toon in prelaunch and I mistakenly thought that getting 50 on a pvp server would be important, so I didnt worry too much about looks.

So far I'm level 6 on Ord Mantell.

Based on the character progression for Vanguard (Which is the advanced class I will choose) The armor is a dark green.

I like the classic look of a trooper, white and black armor with maybe a bit of color mixed in.

Is it possible to change the color of your armor? if so, where?

You can't change it on a whim, but what you can do is get orange (moddable) pieces- ones that have three slots to fit an armoring, mod, and enhancement in respectively. Once you have these, all you'll need to do is replace and upgrade what's in the slots and you can keep the same piece of armor the entire way. I've become less and less of a "rainbow warrior" over time as a result of this.

The level 20 armor is also white & black (dark greyish). It's not as cool as the 40 stuff but looks good. You can mod it, so buy it and keep modding it up to the 40 set.

Most of the level 40+ gear looks great.

Edited by ururururu

Take the Armortech talent and build your own armor. I've been doing it with my commando and have sent pieces to my vanguard. The armor you make will be of better quality than what you can buy from vendors the majority of the time. And they match or VERY closely match. In other words your armor wont look like Rainbow Brite made it.

Also the armor you make can vary between the level 20 and 40 pvp gear, like level 29, 33, 35, 37, etc. PVP gear is only 20 and 40 so I wouldnt rely on those pieces forever. I would use the pvp coms for weapons which you can get about every 4 - 6 levels.

Edited by whataboutbob