The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hey Guys (new to SWTOR)

DGrohl

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all. My names Ell (male - short for Elliot), and I'm 19 years old.

This is my first MMO and I'm looking for some generally relaxed but fun gameplay. I'm a friendly guy, and would appreciate any help for me about the game. I'm not familiar with all these MMO phrases, like DPS, Tank and just the general MMO way of playing a game, because I understand it's quite a bit different than playing a single player game on the Xbox sorta thing.

I was thinking about starting on a RP Server because I hear these are the most relaxed/friendly servers, and in honesty PVP doesn't appeal to me so much.

I would be interested with anyone joining me to give me a general hand. I'm pretty certain I'll be starting as a Jedi Knight on an RP Server I'm so far undecided on. If anyone feels generous and would like to help me through the game to get me used to things and hopefully develop a good friendship then I'd be more than happy! I'm not going to be like a hardcore 24/7 online gamer, but I'll definitely be playing this game frequently. If anyone wants to know my details to play with me, I'll post again later on; depending on the response of this Thread you guys give, with my Character name/server/whatever you need to know!

Thanks for your time!

Ell.

Edit: Oh, and forgot to mention; I'm from England, so bare in mind my playing times if interested! Thanks again.

Edited by DGrohl

Hello Ell. I'm pretty new to MMOs but I found TOR pretty easy to understand. I spent some time watching vids and reading the forums to get a better idea of what to do. That might help you.

I play 2-3 hours when I can and it's worked out perfect for my casual playing. There are many players who apparently don't get much sleep that could help you out much more. Have fun playing.

• 2 weeks later...

hey yeah, if you just play through the "campaign" and do quests you do get the general gist on some aspects on the game.

and once you get into the multiplayer parts of the game like the flashpoints and stuff, things like Tank and that other stuff will make sense