Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Threat - How do YOU Build It?

Sykotik_Hunter

I can't speak for other tanks, I hear they have it better, but threat on Guardians really....

Yes, this is exactly my problem. It doesn't feel like I'm a tank, more of a temporary distraction. I always look at it from the DPS side and all I can every say about myself is "wow this is the worst tank ever".

A big part of this like you said its the quantity of stuns that EVERY boss (it seems) in this game has. It's frustrating to leap into a boss just to be instantly stunned and lose aggro, and then right after I taunt, he has a knockback and again I am worthless.

as normal assassin tank spec it's Shock -> Wither -> Discharge -> Shock -> regular attack -> Thrash -> Shock -> Force lighting.

kk wut?

its Wither -> Discharge -> Shock -> Thrash -> Shock -> Thrash(or basic if low force) -> Shock -> Force lighting. (You need the extra Shock b/c wither currently does NOT stack a charge of harnessed dark.

IIRC, it goes something like:

Force Leap->sundering strike->Force push->Saber throw->Force Leap-> (yay, full focus)->Guardian strike -> Hilt strike->sundering strike->master strike-> Blade Storm (assuming it's safe to throw the mob around like that... mobs that aren't immune to stun are also pretty much stunned for the entire duration.)

Then pretty much whichever of hilt strike, guardian strike, blade storm, sundering strike, master strike are off CD.

Force Stasis used along with kick to interrupt. (assuming it's possible)

But then again, I don't really group all that much, and when I am I'm usually terribly overleveled and have no trouble keeping aggro.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.