The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need to fill a specific role ... thoughts? (get me away from 31 pyro)

Fashooba

I've been 50 for just under a week now. I leveled 1-50 in deep Pyro. Around pvp 30 I tried the Carolina parokeet .. loved it for pvp but it made questing difficult.

I'm currently dpsing hard modes with my guild.. they need me to be damage. So far pyro puts out some great damage, but it can be inconsistent. Many times I will use 6-7 flame bursts and 1-2 rocket punches and not get a single RS proc. Filling my rotations with rapid shots to compensate for RNG luck kinda sucks.

In pvp the burst is great .. but I really miss the survivability .. sometimes I throw IGC on to guard a sorc and I end up leaving it on for the rest of the match.

So my problem is .. over damage is too inconsistent .. pvp survival is too low.

Should I take the plunge into AP? I don't think parokeet will give me the damage I need.. as is we're barely hitting the enrage timers.. I don't think my guild can afford that kind of hit to the damage.

For pve I will be dos running HGC or CGC .. pvp I'd like to not fill the glass cannon role. Basically... I'm asking for a lot.

Thoughts?

Edited by Fashooba

If you don't want to lose damage, your only option is to stay full pyro.

AP sims well, but actual gameplay mechanics prevent you from reaching the potential of the tree (you can't always use FB on cooldown because you have to be moving, for example).