** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already cancelled my Pre-order and got the 5 dollars refunded I was charged for an Early release code.

Saved myself some cash as I will be purchasing the base addition sometime on 19th.

This staggered release was and is fail, if you dont agree then thats your right just as it is mine to consider it fail

TLDR: BW, we are the 99%. We demand cake! (and punch)

Three sayings come to mind:

• Be careful what you wish for.
  • It's better to give than receive, especially if it's a punch in the nose!
  • Please do not eat the urinal cakes.

:D

Edited by Kirawyn

btw they are sending out more waves than 4 today

Morning everyone!

We're starting to send out more invites for today.

Here's the good news: overnight we decided to send out more invites than we had originally planned. However, we'll be spacing those invites out, which means we'll have more 'waves' than the previous four-per-day. We are inviting more people today than we did during yesterday.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=26745

No, you did NOT pay for a FULL 5 days. You paid to be able to play on December 20th, and they OFFERED you UP TO 5 days.

Are people really still going on about this? It's not Bioware/EA's fault that you don't know how to read things properly.

The thread was so chill compared to others until, this ^. We Novemberites had something going for us. Dear Sir, what you need to do is relax, and grab a hot plate of Chicken Flavored Watermelon and CTFO.

EDIT: Sorry jmcnelis, I meant quot the quote you were replying to.

Edited by MegaRail

when will you guys get it thew your head that "up to"5 days does not mean you get 5 full days.

should be lucky the decided to start early on the 13 th giving you that chance for 5 days of early play time .

they could have easily started today and you guy for sure only get a day or 2 of early play.

so stop your crying

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hatred leads to power.

Power leads to victory.

Let your anger flow through you.

Your hate will make you strong.

True power is only achieved through testing the limits of one's anger,

passing through unscathed.

Rage channeled through anger is unstoppable.

The dark side of the Force offers unimaginable power.

The dark side is stronger than the light.

The weak deserve their fate.

Feed me your anger!

I could smack you with a stick without getting angry about it... then what would you do? o.O

A long time ago on a server far,

far away. . . .

THE

EARLY GAME ACCESS

OF THE DECEMBERIST

As waves of

emails are sent

Jabba on tattoonie gets

ready to recruit new allies.

:csw_tattooine:

:csw_c3po: Jabba sir looks like waves 1 and 2 are on there way

:csw_jabba::ph_great_update::ph_cheers:

:csw_crawler::csw_crawler::csw_crawler:

:csw_jabba::ph_disagree::ph_danger:

:csw_c3po: Yes Jabba it appears they are all Jawas on the first 2 waves from November

:jawa_cool::jawa_tongue::jawa_mad:

:csw_jabbapet:ah ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!

:csw_jabba::ph_disagree:

:csw_c3po: Yes I agree we should wait for the <DECEMBER CREW>

You sir made me laugh :D.You deserve a cookie !

Lucky for Jabba all the Dec crew have waited so long they have turned Sith ;)

A long time ago on a server far,

far away. . . .

THE

EARLY GAME ACCESS

OF THE DECEMBERIST

As waves of

emails are sent

Jabba on tattoonie gets

ready to recruit new allies.

:csw_tattooine:

:csw_c3po: Jabba sir looks like waves 1 and 2 are on there way

:csw_jabba::ph_great_update::ph_cheers:

:csw_crawler::csw_crawler::csw_crawler:

:csw_jabba::ph_disagree::ph_danger:

:csw_c3po: Yes Jabba it appears they are all Jawas on the first 2 waves from November

:jawa_cool::jawa_tongue::jawa_mad:

:csw_jabbapet:ah ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!

:csw_jabba::ph_disagree:

:csw_c3po: Yes I agree we should wait for the <DECEMBER CREW>

well doing a quick analysis, with info off who has posted shows that so far they waves have been every 3 weeks they have been putting out (e.g. October 27th (end of wave 1) to November 10th (end of wave 3) and then wave 4 was November 11th to November 24th? as best i can read).

Also comparing to the consistent and linear growth of pre-orders from:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88591/usa-preorders-chart-10-december-2011-old-republic-nears-1-million/

it seems if BW maintains the same rate of wave release, this next wave might be another 3 weeks, maybe bigger because of the fact that the last few weeks before release was a smaller pre-roder base. So the possibility I see is that the next wave might be November 25th - December 10th (if they maintain the steady 3 week schedule they have today).

But this is only speculation, so don't yell at me if they decide not to include the dates i've estimated (after all it is an estimation)

"@Rockjaw <DecemberCrew> Of the "Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread" demand cake and punch with the next wave. Keep up the good work! :D

@Rockjaw Also wanted to just let you know, urinal cakes won't suffice. *nod nod*"

Done.

Something tells me that european people will get in much later than the americans, from what i hear, the european servers are nearly all filled up, while the american servers are not at all full.

If it havent been stated here already, theres a big stack of applies after the open beta, so its not even sure that the rest of the preorders will get access tomorrow.

November 17th and got an email at 11:02am. I am at work and very much wish I could leave for a half day, lol. Then, take off tomorrow.

I have to say... I have been sitting around reading the rage since the 13th and I am hugely impressed with how all of this has worked out. Not because I am in today, though that is a bonus, but rather because of the shear number of players they have gotten smoothly into the game within 48 hours of a week early access period. I would guess when all is said and done, including all pre-orders outside North American Brick and Mortar stores there was anywhere between 250-300K people invited in for the 13th. An additional 400K yesterday and as many or more today. And to my knowledge it's all going relatively well. Bravo!

When I joined Garona in January of 2005 for WoW it wasn't a high pop sever and the game was over a month old. I lived with link death and slideshow lag and 1800ms ping times on a system that regularly saw <150 on anything else. I am hearing about none of that here and that is truly encouraging. Cannot wait to play!

Now.... tank or healer.... Vanguard, Commando, Shadow, or Scoundrel.... Or Empire??? Maybe this afternoon at work will help me make a choice.