Super 1upping Sith...good or bad?

Gantoris_Aym

Should Star Wars Authors, Video Game Creators, or anything else for that matter keep trying to one up each other with cooler Jedi, Sith, and other stuff? Is it realistic that Oh we just found out about Darth X or Jedi Y?

I remember the good old days when Exar Kun, Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, and maybe a few others were heralded as the greatest in Star Wars mythology. It just seems that as the Star Wars universe expands we get the creators constantly trying to blow us away with new and powerful anything.

Have they gone too far? Will they go too far? Or do you want them to bring it on?

We've have has 5 ghost/essence Immortal Sith (Sidious, Vitiate, Ragnos, Kun and Sadow).

We've have had 3 planet eating Sith. (Sidious, Vitiate and Nihilus).

We've had one physically Immortal Sith (Sion).

We've had one Sith that can create worm-wholes (Sidious).

We've had one Sith that mind wipe and entire planet (Sidious).

We've had one Sith that can turn people to the Darkside by being in the same room as them (Vitiate).

We've had one Sith can create super-novas (Sadow).

... Seriously what is one up from that? Apart from destroying the galaxy?

Which Vitiate isn't that far off from doing by the way, since he planning on killing all life but himself at some point.

I can't think of anything.

Sith are already way overpowered enough.

Edited by AngelousWang

I think they went too far back with Darth Nihilus and from what I hear it's still getting worse and worse. So yes. Look I can appreciate the need to do this sometimes, but in the case of Star Wars it seems unnecessary and the east way out for designing villains. Edited by OldVengeance