The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shield spec leveling: when do I become sustainable?

Degini

Hi,

I keep hearing that in shield spec you have zero downtime. I notice this already (lvl 20) for health, but my ammo still depletes each fight.

Is there a point where you stop running low on ammo? What skill priority would bring this about?

Thanks in advance.

I did 1-50 as shield spec and found that I was able to actually play shieldspec around level 25 (maybe a bit after). Hammer Shot is your friend if you're having ammo issues. Have priority on keeping static barrier up and using stock strike/HIB on cooldown without dropping down to a lower ammo regen.

I did 1-50 as shield spec and found that I was able to actually play shieldspec around level 25 (maybe a bit after). Hammer Shot is your friend if you're having ammo issues. Have priority on keeping static barrier up and using stock strike/HIB on cooldown without dropping down to a lower ammo regen.

What he said. Rotation is really important at that level.

I really started to roll about Lvl 25 as well I think. You get a few more abilities that really help and it really made a big difference when I was able to get a decent blaster and better armor.

I also found that at that level I needed to be using stockstrike more than I was.