New Merc here - what do you think of my spec? Also, tracer missile comment :)

ZeusThunder

Powertech is my main, but I've recently hit 30 on my Merc alt and I'm starting to think about specs for level 50. For you more experienced Mercs out there, what do you think of this spec for PvP/PvE?

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/mercenary/#::f20ef2e2f2efe3fed2fefe3fede2f4e2fef3e

Essentially I'm trying to get maximum damage from Rail Shot while keeping Terminal Velocity for heat management. I'd start rotation with Incindiery Missile, stack debuffs with Tracer Missile, then finish with Rail Shot.

Oh, and speaking of Rail Shot. The issue people seem to have is just that we use it a lot. So the easy solution would just be to put it on a 6 second CD, but also have it so just 1 Tracer Missile puts full stacks of all debuffs on the target. There, problem solved right? :)

im sorry but this is a terrible idea

1. an arsenal merc uses rail shot the least I would think because we save up for 5 stacks of tracer lock, and usually rail shot coolsdown faster than we cast 5 tracer missiles.

2. your speced into 2 different cylinders, your just wasting talent points by doing that.

3. you just have the wrong idea of how an arsenal merc plays.

I suggest you reading more in the forums about how the play style works for this class and just pick one or the other for your talent tree. not hybrid them

i cant say anything about the pyro tree but as far as the arsenal tree you are leaving out alot of damage. by skipping riddle, barrage, and pinning fire you are losing 58% damage, snare, and proc of unload which is arguably our strongest skill. youre also skipping HSM which imo is are hardest hitting skill. ive had it crit for 4k which is more than ive had on any other skill Edited by Cegenaus