Just dinged 50. Gear... um... wow.

slonep

^ This.

Also if you plan ahead you can open at least 13 champion bags the day you hit 50. Unless the RNG hates you this will net a start on your champion gear under current / "old" system.

Hmmm, while that's technically true

5 worth of comms

+

1 bag in the bank

+

1 Ilum daily

+

1 WZ daily

+

3 WZ wkly

+

3 Ilum wkly

+

2 more (maybe?) in comms from doing WZ wkly

______

16 the day you hit fifty

That means it's best to ding 50 on Saturday morning that you can afford not to waste time eating or showering :D

Also, you're highly dependent on...you know...actually having an opposing group out there to do the Ilum quests, and usually a group of your own. Depending on when you log on, either faction may have largely finished their own daily and lagged, er, I mean logged.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lemme get this straight. I was lvling up. Playing both PvE and PvP. I was doing pretty well in PVP. Def holding my own. Dinged 50 and went into a WZ. SLAM! BLAM! BLAST! POW! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

So.

I'm just supposed to get crushed for a while until I slowly gear up over a couple hundred games?

Really?

Yes, and I hope you'r Imp! If not... replace Daily with Weekly!

think of yourself as paying 15$ a month to suffer and not enjoy yourself until you win the lotto bag a bunch of times.

awesome right?

If you are suffering don't play. Unsub. If you aren't enjoying yourself don't play. Unsub. Seems half of this games player base hates the game. Why are you still here?

What you have discovered is the incongruity of the bolster system and the expertise system. It makes no sense to me to put a bolster on a level 10 in an effort to level the playing field a bit with a 49 but then to throw a new 50 in with geared 50s, which, essentially is the same thing as throwing the 10 in with 49 without a bolster system.

So lemme get this straight. I was lvling up. Playing both PvE and PvP. I was doing pretty well in PVP. Def holding my own. Dinged 50 and went into a WZ. SLAM! BLAM! BLAST! POW! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

So.

I'm just supposed to get crushed for a while until I slowly gear up over a couple hundred games?

Really?

Tbh you should have tried pvping in rift when you just hit the lvl 50 bracket, makes swtor 50 pvp look like a carebear zoo..

Tbh you should have tried pvping in rift when you just hit the lvl 50 bracket, makes swtor 50 pvp look like a carebear zoo..

Yep, Rift is pretty awful with the PVP for a fresh 50. I quit playing Rift because it was a grind just to enjoy PVP. When I saw what TOR was doing I enjoyed PVP at 50 while I could. 10-49 is more fun than ever. Guess that is true of a lot of this game, leveling is MUCH more fun than end game.

PVP in this game is a copy paste of the other terrible systems some games have, they just found a way to make it even worse...GG BW.

I'm just curious. Aren't fresh 85 players in WoW forced to go through this exact same gear grind? They obviously aren't going to have anywhere near as much as Resilience (the Expertise equivalent stat) as other 85s do so aren't they going through the same process of getting destroyed BG after BG until they slowly get gear and gain resilience? I realize that with Arena being available in WoW, full PvP geared 85s may not do BGs as much as full PvP geared players in SWToR (since there's no rated WZ or Arena) but nonetheless, fresh 85s will, for the most part, be playing against PvP geared opponents.

Are WoW players complaining about this as well? I'm honestly curious.

And yes, I am aware of the differences of Resilience and Expertise and understand that Expertise is far more "potent" than Resilience due to the increase in damage and healing as well. I know that this makes the grind in SWToR even worse.

They do but a couple things to remember

1: is a crafted PvP blue set can get fairly cheap

2: there is a baseline pvp set from honor which sets you up for rated games

TOR lacks both of those. So while people enter combat in level 45-49 gear, WoW players are in lvl 50 blues at very least. Will they lose to tier pvp geared players? yes but not quite as badly as we are dieing in tor. Also rated players are separated by said ratings so never or shouldn't ever see a fully geared player coming toe to toe with someone just started pvping.

Basically WoW has better gear distribution and a better system for separating geared players from non-geared players. Good news is they seem to be aware of this issue at BW and are working on the solution.

The following is probably my favorite thing to read on these forums:

1. Most 60+ valor lvls with BM gear are no lifers/exploiters that depend on gear to smoke ppl. Get rid of that gear and I'll show them how good they really are.

- Chances are they would just destroy you all the same except that you'd make a slightly bigger dent in their HP pool. The exception is Battlemasters that back pedal. This is almost a 100% indicator of a bad player being held up by their gear.

2. Get rid of expertise, problem solved.

- You really just don't understand.

I have a full time job and work 50-60 hours a week. I have most pieces of champion filled in by Columni PvE gear. I enjoy PvP at 50 because there is rewards for putting time into it. I also enjoy the 10-49 bracket on alts because of the quick ques and fairly decent bolster system.

The way gear/rewards are structured at 50 makes sense to me cuz it makes sense in RL. If you start out at a new job, there are ppl that have been there for awhile that will make more money/benefits ladada. But if you want to get to their level, you jsut need to put some time into it. The pvp grind in this game is nothing terrible.

The only thing that bothers me is the WZ wins not counting. Although untracking the quests and clickin on different ones seems to make it count ~90% of the time.

The exception is Battlemasters that back pedal. This is almost a 100% indicator of a bad player being held up by their gear.

I dont understand why people think its "hip" to bash backpedaling.

If I'm 24m away from someone, there are times where I backpedal in between GCD, or backpedal 6m while using railshot or HSM.

Sometimes it doesn't matter how fast you move, just as long as your moving.

If I'm 24m away from someone, there are times where I backpedal in between GCD, or backpedal 6m while using railshot or HSM.

Ya dude. I waste ppl while backing up. Anyone that says there's no skill involved simply doesn't like it when someone backing up pounds on them.

bro you're doing it wrong.

Also that's not the backpedaling us hipsters bash on. The backpedaling we're talking about is when you're trying to run away from someone and just holding that sexy S key.

I agree. As a ranged class, it seems silly not to keep space between me and my opponent. Mobility is one reason I went Pyro.

So.

Really?

Ye pretty much.

bro you're doing it wrong.

Also that's not the backpedaling us hipsters bash on. The backpedaling we're talking about is when you're trying to run away from someone and just holding that sexy S key.

I got in right after your post, which clears things up concerning backpedaling. Thanks for the insight.

I dinged into 50 the day the 50's got their own pvp bracket. I've steadily gotten crushed since as I build up my gear collection. I still get my butt handed to me (I'm a not very skilled marauder, still learning) but I do notice a difference getting my champ pieces. The best part is though, I think it ultimately helps, developing strategies, out thinking the more powerful and learning how to make a quick escape. I have learned quite a bit in getting my butt handed to me, and now just when I thought I'd get my turn to mow down some fresh 50 grass, I hear they are going to level the field a bit. Just keep on working on your gear and learning and you'll get better daily.

1. Most 60+ valor lvls with BM gear are no lifers/exploiters that depend on gear to smoke ppl. Get rid of that gear and I'll show them how good they really are.

- Chances are they would just destroy you all the same except that you'd make a slightly bigger dent in their HP pool. The exception is Battlemasters that back pedal. This is almost a 100% indicator of a bad player being held up by their gear.

Translation

Fully geared guy blah blah it's not the gear that makes me good blah blah...

Response

Gear makes a difference. It doesn't make you good or bad at PVP if you don't have it or do.

2. Get rid of expertise, problem solved.

- You really just don't understand.

Translation

You're dumb. Not me though.

Response

None.

The way gear/rewards are structured at 50 makes sense to me cuz it makes sense in RL. If you start out at a new job, there are ppl that have been there for awhile that will make more money/benefits ladada. But if you want to get to their level, you jsut need to put some time into it. The pvp grind in this game is nothing terrible.

Although I may agree that the gear grind isn't extremely excessive trying to make a correlation between real life (RL) and a game is well... I mean... There are light-sabers... and ton-tons...

The only thing that bothers me is the WZ wins not counting. Although untracking the quests and clickin on different ones seems to make it count ~90% of the time.

Agreed.

It is kind of ridiculous. There should be a new level 50 pvp set to purchase so that you're not getting absolutely donkey stomped by top geared pvp'ers. Ah well.

they should give more than 3 stinking marks in a bag for starters :) maybe 10 marks atleast

noone ever uses the centurion gear anyway, the QA department must have been drinking heavily when the current reward system was passed as OK

Edited by Ruuz

So.

Really?

Hello!

Welcome to Star Grind! Please pay your monthly fee while continuing to grind for an arbitrary PvP stat! Once you do that, you MAY start to have fun! Unless we put in another grind first. In which case, we still politely remind you to continue giving us money!

Love,

BW