Tanking Advice Request

Ok folks here is the details. If I could get some Raid Leader or MT's advice on this it would be a big help.

Soa final stage the spikes that drop.

What is the easiest way to spot them and get Soa under them to drop his shield.

This to me seem the hardest part of the Tanks job. Yes I know the spike hits like a truck I have watched my 22k hp drop to 6k in a heart beat to know that.

I am just trying to figure out the best way to tank this and get him into the right spot since you only have 3 spikes till he enrages.

Thanks In Advance.

Edited by Rejectoo

What I try to do is ask people to be aware of those pylons and yell on vent if they appear. Most of the time I already see them, but it helps in case i couldnt spot one in the nick of time or if i'm mindtrapped.

Regarding positioning, I always try to take him to the center after a dps phase just so that i can take him to the pylon drop spot pretty fast. Note that before the pylon drops, maybe 1-2 seconds before, the texture below the spot where it drops will change to a "broken ground" kind of thingy. With this in mind you can have a half second to move him a little bit more or to get out of the way of the pylon yourself. Also, ask your healers to always bubble you before a pylon drops. I also try to juggle cooldowns and the rakata stim to get some more hp buffer in case that fails and i indeed could get some damage.

Edited by KinkyFluff

What I try to do is ask people to be aware of those pylons and yell on vent if they appear. Most of the time I already see them, but it helps in case i couldnt spot one in the nick of time or if i'm mindtrapped.

Regarding positioning, I always try to take him to the center after a dps phase just so that i can take him to the pylon drop spot pretty fast. Note that before the pylon drops, maybe 1-2 seconds before, the texture below the spot where it drops will change to a "broken ground" kind of thingy. With this in mind you can have a half second to move him a little bit more or to get out of the way of the pylon yourself. Also, ask your healers to always bubble you before a pylon drops. I also try to juggle cooldowns and the rakata stim to get some more hp buffer in case that fails and i indeed could get some damage.

The texture part is a big thing I will look for that. It sucks there is not ground target to know where to place it.

I just finished leveling Biochem and now have rakata stim(end) healing pack and Armor adrenal so I will try and use the adrenal when it is about to drop.

I will tell the healers about the bubble.

I have been moving him back to center cause that did seem easy. It just hard to judge where to move him to due to camera angles and him so massive.

Keep him in the center as much as possibly while he has his shield up. Zoom your camera out as much as possible and look for the pylons. They will appear and spin in place for a bit making it easy to spot, you just have to look up. As for bringing him there, just run all the way to the edge of the arena where the pylon is and he should walk right under one. If you taunt accordingly, he should follow you the whole way.

Keep him in the center as much as possibly while he has his shield up. Zoom your camera out as much as possible and look for the pylons. They will appear and spin in place for a bit making it easy to spot, you just have to look up. As for bringing him there, just run all the way to the edge of the arena where the pylon is and he should walk right under one. If you taunt accordingly, he should follow you the whole way.

Yes my camera is 100% zoomed out always.

It just seems that the pylons move when they are spinning or maybe it is just me trying to move him.

I guess I need to spot turn and run to the spot and Soa will follow me.

I have camera zoom out to spot them and for general awarenes, but ones i see one and i notice where its moving to. I run to it and then when im close to it i look straight up, as if i was in first person view, that way you be able to see exacly where the pylon is.

I always say "pylon" in voicechat when it comes so everyone know they have to look where it is and move if they need. I also always get a bubble from my sage when i say "pylon", so it can negate some of the damages if i get hit (better to be hit by beam than not getting shield of the boss)

I have camera zoom out to spot them and for general awarenes, but ones i see one and i notice where its moving to. I run to it and then when im close to it i look straight up, as if i was in first person view, that way you be able to see exacly where the pylon is.

I always say "pylon" in voicechat when it comes so everyone know they have to look where it is and move if they need. I also always get a bubble from my sage when i say "pylon", so it can negate some of the damages if i get hit (better to be hit by beam than not getting shield of the boss)

I was trying this. There is a lot to juggle with this part of the fight for the tank and it gets rough I think. I believe this is the hardest part of the fight for any tank.

I have my view zoomed out as far as possible (change your max distance in your preferences if you haven't already) and then position the camera so it is behind and below my character. This lets you look up at the crystal and is the easiest (for me) to position Soa for it to hit him.

This took me the longest, getting his positioning down. I take him to the middle, then just stand there and spin my camera around the room looking for the pylons to lift away from the wall.

If you don't know, they come out of the wall at eye level, then slowly spin and lift up above Soa's head level.

Once I see a pylon lifting up I start in that direction. When I get close I swing my camera around so I'm looking straight up. When I'm directly beneath the thing I take a few steps back and wait. Usually I spin my camera so I can see if Soa looks like he's standing beneath it.

The pylon will begin to spin faster just before dropping, at this point I back up even more to avoid getting splatted.

Zoom all the way out and keep in mind that the radius of the hit is bigger than the pylon so he doesnt have to be EXACTLY under it.

He still has to be relatively close though.

Try zooming in all the way and looking up to make sure you are under it, then take a few steps back and Soa will be under it.