Traded in a Rakata Weapon - Have I messed up?

I was aware that Rakata weapons were bugged and there were various different ones that were superior. Anyway, after completing Karagga's Palace on HM a main hand dropped and I won. Despite the bug it was still an improvement over my current rifle so I went along and picked up my new sniper rifle.

After linking it in chat one member starts yelling how I wasted my item and that I should have waited for the bug-fix before buying. I was under the impression BioWare would simply buff up the stats of the item - regardless of whether they already had a weapon or not - and away you go.

So, have I just gone and messed up or was my mates yelling all for nothing?

yeah just like the champion relics with no stats that still have no stats. new ones have stats but old ones are still broke. I wouldn't count on it but if you do then consider yourself lucky.

Except you're wrong...My old champion relics got converted in the patch that fixed them. Not sure why you are spreading complete lies ?

Edited by DribblingGiraffe

I actually doubt that they will change the current rakata gear into the correct ones mainly because of the fact that you can remove the parts. What if you remove the mods/enhancements ( despite their ****tiness) from your current rakata weapons? Should you still deserve a completely new weapon with new updated slots?

Yes it worked for the champion relics but those had no customization, all of them were exactly the same while people could potentially modify their rakata weapons.

I actually doubt that they will change the current rakata gear into the correct ones mainly because of the fact that you can remove the parts. What if you remove the mods/enhancements ( despite their ****tiness) from your current rakata weapons? Should you still deserve a completely new weapon with new updated slots?

Yes it worked for the champion relics but those had no customization, all of them were exactly the same while people could potentially modify their rakata weapons.

George Zoller posted specifically stating that current Rakata Weapon Tokens that have been cashed in for Rakata Weapons WILL be upgraded to their proper stats in 1.1.1.

Less misinformation please.