Star wars Movie legacy

KallaMan

yea definitely too old. but really was wrong with george lucas remaking the original trilogy? Die- hard fans say not to but thats old ppl who were around during those times. I say remake the originals, it's not like it's gonna hurt lol

Yes, it will hurt. It will "discard" the EU that's been built up around them and destroy the Star Wars Universe as being this quilt of stories put together that interweave. Instead, all these stories will be just non-interconnected stories or in a timeline that never happened.

Why remake them? Why piss on 35 years of Star Wars chronology just to get a new set of movies?

Why do that damage to long-term Star Wars fandom when there's a universe, already made, with 25k years to work within?

It makes no sense from a creative standpoint and it especially makes no sense from a business standpoint-unless the point is for 3 blockbuster movies and the thousands of EU items go in the trash.

Shouldn't the goal be to drive more sales than make the previous purchases worthless?

That's a little dramatic, the Star Trek universe we know from the past is still very much in tact. The MMO itself was based in that universe, not the movie reboot, complete with Spock having recently gone missing as described in the J.J. reboot.

I felt they pulled of a very good parallel universe story, giving true fans a nod of respect to the original material.

That being said, I wouldn't want any of that for Star Wars.

Any new movies, and probably TV series, will be based on Abrams story. Yes, the MMO is there and I'm sure a spattering of books but the Original Timeline is dead to Paramount.

With all the other stories they could tell, they chose to nuke what went before.

Star Trek, though, didn't really have an EU like Star Wars anyway. Books, comics etc weren't part of a bigger story and the movies/tv series and other EU material didn't have to match and usually didn't.

Heck, even novelizations of the Movies had stuff that didn't fit with the other movies/TV series.

Star Wars, for the most part, isn't like that.

Still, with Star Trek, instead of making a new movie to drive sales of existing things, they just started over. Hardly anyone, that was new to Trek and watched the new movie, is going to say "I better get the DvDs of TNG so I can see how this all plays out."

Actually i hope George shows some sweet lightsaber duels in SW: Underworld. it would be pointless to do a series based on ppl we don't really kno without having familiars. i think he should do the series based on Vader and the Great Jedi purge. leading up to A new Hope. but its just my opinion.