A Yuuzhan Vong content pack/expansion?

greycobalt

I could see a content patch centered around them, with a Flashpoint/Op planned around them, but not more than that. Tying in with some Chiss backstory would be nice as well. Cannon indicates that a couple of expeditions entered the SW galaxy ranging from around the time of Episode 1 all the way back a few thousand years. Not vague hints, but actual statements and evidence in cannon. They were always limited to the Outer Rim and Unexplored regions. During the NJO books I remember some states saying that references of them were somewhat common in historical archives going back a couple thousand years, but never mentioned they were extra galactic or Force Immune. Which is something the Sith and Jedi likely would not have wanted getting out in any case.

It could also go be used as a way to explain why the Chiss were willing to join the Empire during ToR, but less willing to work with them closer to the timeline of the movies.

Side note, some of the characters in NJO speculated that the Vong were the reason the Emporor invested so much in to superweapons like the Death Star. He knew, through Thrawn, that the Vong were coming, and was attempting to prepare for them. Also part of the same reason he dissolved the Senate in ep4 as well as started really cracking down on the Rebellion, to get them out of the way so he could deal with the Vong one way or another.

That would be awesome if they tied the Chiss in that way. I was sad it was never brought up in any of the books after. I thought the coolest mysteries in the book were all the vague but very sure statements about them being seen in the galaxy for thousands of years. This is the perfect medium to expand upon that.

And like I said originally, I too think it should be a content pack singling out a planet with a flashpoint or two, and not like a huge invasion event like NJO was. It would make more sense that way.

• 3 months later...

Besides my general loathing for how dumb both the Vong and the NJO era in general are....no, just no. TOR is the story of the Republic and the true Sith; the ghosts of the Hundred Year Darkness and the Great Hyperspace War coming back and tying through KOTOR. Introducing a completely unrelated third faction would be just stupid, and diminish the story being told.

Leave that Vong garbage confined to its crappy publishing era, please.

I'm a huge fan of the NJO+ books, so I was a bit excited when I saw they threw the Killiks on Alderaan. I think one of the best villains they've come up with though in the EU has been the Yuuzhan Vong. Now, I know this is 3,000 BBY, but I think there'd be a few ways to get around that. I mainly think that given the fact they're traveling between galaxies, a few thousand years isn't much in terms of scouting places out.

In the KotoR series (I can't remember which), Canderous very obviously talks about running into a Yuuzhan Vong ship, which means they were already at least somewhat in our galaxy at this time. The first NJO book talks about their advance force, and some scouting missions that came before, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have them have a far-advance scouting mission in the TOR timeline, maybe taking over an Outer Rim planet or two, giving us some flashpoints and extra content.

I know the NJO weren't universally loved, but I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this. More than a "no i hate them!!" obviously.

i could see a flashpoint or operation built around this, but not a whole expansion

I could see a content patch centered around them, with a Flashpoint/Op planned around them, but not more than that. Tying in with some Chiss backstory would be nice as well. Cannon indicates that a couple of expeditions entered the SW galaxy ranging from around the time of Episode 1 all the way back a few thousand years. Not vague hints, but actual statements and evidence in cannon. They were always limited to the Outer Rim and Unexplored regions. During the NJO books I remember some states saying that references of them were somewhat common in historical archives going back a couple thousand years, but never mentioned they were extra galactic or Force Immune. Which is something the Sith and Jedi likely would not have wanted getting out in any case.

It could also go be used as a way to explain why the Chiss were willing to join the Empire during ToR, but less willing to work with them closer to the timeline of the movies.

Side note, some of the characters in NJO speculated that the Vong were the reason the Emporor invested so much in to superweapons like the Death Star. He knew, through Thrawn, that the Vong were coming, and was attempting to prepare for them. Also part of the same reason he dissolved the Senate in ep4 as well as started really cracking down on the Rebellion, to get them out of the way so he could deal with the Vong one way or another.

Conspiracy!!!!!

Besides my general loathing for how dumb both the Vong and the NJO era in general are....no, just no. TOR is the story of the Republic and the true Sith; the ghosts of the Hundred Year Darkness and the Great Hyperspace War coming back and tying through KOTOR. Introducing a completely unrelated third faction would be just stupid, and diminish the story being told.

Leave that Vong garbage confined to its crappy publishing era, please.

what about karraga's palace? That was a third faction that only was involved in one op, so would the vong!