Just Starting Out

Creditmonger

So I just purchased SWTOR from my local GameStop and, at the time of this post, am waiting on the game to complete its installation.

As a brand new member of the SWTOR universe (and a soon-to-be fledgling Bounty Hunter), is there any advice you guys would like to give?

settings > enable auto loot > enable area loot

Don't buy any gear - it will come to you! Save those credits

Look at what crew skills go together to minimise buying materials

Learn how to use your companion properly

When you go to a new area kill things to discover bonus quests

Sometimes you may skip normal quests but NEVER skip class quests - if you're having trouble ask for help, don't give up on them

Ask for help - it's a new game and EVERYONE is still learning - there will always be someone willing to help out

:)

Have my personal ramblings for free as someone who has got 1 of every Base Class to at least their ship (Other than my Smuggler) I'll try to keep them as relative to the BH as possible.

1. Powertech's 'Tend' to have the upper hand over Merc's in 1v1 PvP. Choose your Advanced Class Wisely :)

2. Once you get your second Companion (I'm not going to tell you what it is or when just in case you enjoy spoiler free gameplay) this companion is a lot better than the first one for everyday Bounty Hunting (And a lot better at World PvP when you find it!)

3. Get used to hearing "Now its time to show you what Bounty Hunters are all about!" (Sorry thats a mini spoiler but...)

4. Don't be scared - if you go Merc if you go Powertech been in melee is kinda needed - to been in melee range with Mobs (Less so players, but Mercs have a couple of "FU Melee!" moves)

5. Concussion Missile is your friend! Use him on any fight you maybe unsure about. But be careful don't use it on mobs that you've done alot of DPS to because they will heal.

Just two other tips that will help you improve your enjoyability of the game.

Keep you companions geared always check when you loot something if it can be used by your companions. Companions with decent/good gear can mean the difference between Win & Fail. This doesn't just apply to BH's though so keep it in mind for any future alts

Like has been said get a few characters to at least the fleet before you pick you "Main". Same thing this obviously doesn't.

Edited by CptBrit