The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Epic gear for BH Tanks

Napalm_AKI

I am a long way of from having any of the epic gear, but out of curiosity I took a look whats available at the vendor.

Its seems the super commando variety is geared to wards tanking, but what I find puzzling is that none of the pieces in the set have any +shield stat, some fraction of pieces have +absorption stat.

Am I missing the point here, I though for PvE the stats associated with shielding are our bread and butter?

The gear that I am putting together doing dailies is aproaching 50%/50% in shield chance and absorption and while Rakata pieces have better AR/Aim/End, the no shild part is really bothering me.

I can't say anything else than that I'm also quite puzzled. I read something in a patch some weeks ago about changing stats on some tank gear that had the wrong stats. I think they should have changed the aim-based tank gear at least :p Going from blues to epics you gain health and armor, but your overall mitigation drops quite alot. Instead you gain alot of accuracy that I cant say you really need. I hope this is not working as intended:confused:

I can't say anything else than that I'm also quite puzzled. I read something in a patch some weeks ago about changing stats on some tank gear that had the wrong stats. I think they should have changed the aim-based tank gear at least :p Going from blues to epics you gain health and armor, but your overall mitigation drops quite alot. Instead you gain alot of accuracy that I cant say you really need. I hope this is not working as intended:confused:

Especially when the majority of a tank build's usual skills are going to be tech based. I mean, extra accuracy helps against evasion, but really... anything that dodges a tank enough to matter is going to be giving the DPS fits!

Out of curiosity, is there any rule on what abilities are tech versus ranged?

Edited by Randomness

The initial stats are pretty ******. There is an Enhancement that drops from HM- Eternity Vault. Named - Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 25 - 40 End / 51 Shield Rating / 20 Absorption.

(Rakata Gear Equivalent - 58 mod)

Change some of your Accuracy Enhancements from your Tier gear & put those in. Problem is solved.

I'm in full Artifact gear (Not all Columi Gear) & I run at:

51.8% Armor Rating

12.5% Defense

40.6% Shield Chance

43% Shield Absorption

99.78% Accuracy

I like where my stats are currently at. For the gear that I have.

Edited by -PoLaRiS-

The initial stats are pretty ******. There is an Enhancement that drops from HM- Eternity Vault. Named - Advanced Vigilant Enhancement 25 - 40 End / 51 Shield Rating / 20 Absorption.

(Rakata Gear Equivalent - 58 mod)

Change some of your Accuracy Enhancements from your Tier gear & put those in. Problem is solved.

I'm in full Artifact gear (Not all Columi Gear) & I run at:

51.8% Armor Rating

12.5% Defense

40.6% Shield Chance

43% Shield Absorption

99.78% Accuracy

I like where my stats are currently at. For the gear that I have.

Yea thats a solution, just pitty tanks can't get their epic gear like other classes do, mostly ready to go, without the additional process of hunting down mods and enchantments.

Regarding Accuracy, my ranged accuracy is now at 95% and thats fine, whats important is that my tech accuracy is at about 105%, which covers the majority of powertech's skills.

Ranged accuracy I beleive affects only the basic attack, unload and maybe rail shot.

Morning Musume has an excellent post discussing the relative values of stats here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=123306

In summary:

Absorb Rating > Defense > Shield Rating > Armor

and

Surge > AIM > Power > Crit > Accuracy (although you want at least 105% tech accuracy)

Check out the thread, it has some awesome information in it that clears up a lot of confusion with the mess that is SWTOR's stat system.

Also there is a great spreadsheet that assists you in calculating values based on stats from your current gear, letting you know what to change out where (the order of precedence in the summary above will change based on what your stats are as there are diminishing returns as values increase).

Edited by Redklaw