A change from deception- Hybrid? Darkness? Madness?

Rukiyo

Hey guys leveled with deception and been deception ever-since.

Deception IMO seems a little weak... I have been reading some posts here that say go darkness, some say Hybrid Madness/deception some madness.

What do you recommend? - I have about 7 pieces of champion gear - all Stalker (crit/surge)... and have maybe 3 doublers that I bought Surv items with for Darkness

What you guys think? Madness Hybrid or Darkness?

Cheers

Having Tried most of the builds that currently are circulating in Tor, my favorits atm are madness 7/3/31 in Dps gear or the Darkness/madneSs hybrid 23/0/18 With 4/4 survivor gear (With Dps mods.

I've had decent succes's With both, allthough madness is my absolut favorit.

Don't discount full Darkness either, especially when they finally fix Harnessed Darkness to do what the tooltip says - that is proc from Wither. With a 3 stack of HD, your lightning becomes uninterruptible, does 75% more damage and heals you for 12% of your HP over its duration.

Currently gettnig the 3 HD stack is hard, because it is only proccing from Shock, and Shock is on 9 sec CD, though CD can be reset with Thrash (50% chance). But when it is fixed and also procs from Wither...ooooh, baby!

So while I wouldn't recommend going 31 Darkness now, it's actually quite decent. But here and now, I'd go Darkness/Madness hybrid. Darkness up to shock/pull/spike out of stealth+armor, and Madness up to Raze and possibly instant Whirlwind.

People sneeze at instant Whirlwind, but that's because their head is up their backside for warmth. That instant WW can turn a 3v1 into a 1v1, when coupled with Mind Trap. Or it can force someone to pop the trinket, you vanish, and re-open on them. It's really priceless when used right. Can't tell you how many times 2 people tried to cross the fire in Huttball and neither one made it - Mind Trap, Whirlwind.

hey upzie, would u mind linking ur madness spec, and maybe briefly describing rotation/priority on enemy players and stuff like that (i dont expect an essay)? it'd be really nice if u have the time, i recently hit 50 and am interested in trying madness for pvp

Building 3 stacks of HD is a waste of time. It pretty much only happens when after a Shock the guy gets taken down to Assassinate range, because you should always FL immediately after a Shock. It's good for a LOL moment when you fry someone for 7000 damage with FL but that's about all it's good for. Even with one stack, that FL would've done 5000 damage anyway and that's usually plenty of damage to kill someone. Edited by Astarica

Building 3 stacks of HD is a waste of time. It pretty much only happens when after a Shock the guy gets taken down to Assassinate range, because you should always FL immediately after a Shock. It's good for a LOL moment when you fry someone for 7000 damage with FL but that's about all it's good for. Even with one stack, that FL would've done 5000 damage anyway and that's usually plenty of damage to kill someone.

Yeah, that's how it works now. But on live server, tooltip now says that Shock AND Witcher will proc Harnessed Darkness. It still doesn't, but the tooltip changed, so odds are the ability will eventually be patched up too.

Considering Shock is on 6 sec CD and Wither on 7.5 sec, Harnessed Darkness could be quite godly.

Though we'll probably have to wait a few months at least for the change. It's not in the notes for upcoming patch, so it'll be next major patch probably. And since they've been doing one a month so far, it could be a while. Hybrid Darkness/Madness is better now anyway - way more damage, with hardly any loss in survivability.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.