PvP Fighter/Healer hybrid spec?

Troubs

Greetings folks,

First, let me say i'm a total newbie when it comes to the Mercenary/Commando and i know little about your class. However i am starting to get interested in playing a fighter/healer class.

Since i already have an Imperial Agent (Sniper), it would be a waste to roll another, and i dont feel like playing a neonstick wielding emo-sith.

That leaves the Mercenary as the only class that could perhaps fit my requirements. Does anyone happen to know if Mercs have any specs that allow them to combine shooting stuff with healing stuff in PvP?

You can, though it's not near as good as a sorc hybrid build.

I think the best I ever got was a full voidstar with 310k dmg and like 90k healing as a hybrid spec.

It's very one button and survive kind of thing, if you get interrupted you don't do any damage, and heals are heat intensive so you are usually only doing one or the other.

I'm not saying it's bad - but you can't do your best unless you are full damage, or full healer really.

merc bodyguard/arsenal is the strongest aspect of the class imo. Pryo is great damage, but much of it is mitigated by cleanses from other tech users who play smart. arsenal is defeated by smart players who LOS, and interupts or dot users, like madness spec sorcs/sins.

If your playing in a dedicated group both pryo mercs, & arsenal mercs are valuable to the group. If you solo more often then not, you will end up dying since your still a glass cannon in either build, although pyro is better due to mobility.

in a hybrid bodyguard/arsenal build you can pick up 25% damage reduction from your shield, +4% base damage reduction, +10% damage reduction from SCG & kolto Missile, up to an additional 10% damage reduction from power barrier, 31% self healing bonus, and still do decent damage with power shot, unload and Tracer missile. To top it off, you can basically cast power shot for zero heat cost for 10 seconds by using scg.

in tier 2/tier 3 PVp gear its pretty easy to hit 200k damage /200k healing per match, best i have had was 300k damage/300k healing in a voidstar due to aoe potential.

while the 400k matches from arsenal, and 600K matches from pryo are nice, the hybrid spec is far superior, as you can impact the warzone match or open world group to a higher degree.

Greetings folks,

First, let me say i'm a total newbie when it comes to the Mercenary/Commando and i know little about your class. However i am starting to get interested in playing a fighter/healer class.

Since i already have an Imperial Agent (Sniper), it would be a waste to roll another, and i dont feel like playing a neonstick wielding emo-sith.

That leaves the Mercenary as the only class that could perhaps fit my requirements. Does anyone happen to know if Mercs have any specs that allow them to combine shooting stuff with healing stuff in PvP?

I have upload 2 Hbrid Bodyguar/arsenal Hybrid PVP videos: