The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Leveling an alt Assassin...

Malsidius

I went Darkness (tank) spec. Pushing 40 now. Still no problems at all.

What I did was use Vette until 17-18 until I got my ship with the droid. Being Cybertech I geared the droid and used him. You kill a bit slower, but you really can't die.

At 36 drop what you're doing and do your class quests until you get a true healer companion. I won't spoil anything, but it's easily doable. Possibly even as low as 35. I mean I did it at 36 without breaking a sweat or using consummables, so 35 might be OK too. Any lower would be pushing it though.

And from there on, you pretty much switch to godmode, finish most fights with 99% health. Again, leveling is still a bit slower, but you really, REALLY can't die.

Or you can go Deception spec, and die all the time. Personally I don't think the class is very well though out in regards to Deception - melee class with light armor? Are you nuts, BW?!

Bottom line, I leveled slower than my Marauder of the same level by 15 hrs. Slower than Pyro Powertech by 9 hrs. But I think it would have been worse as Deception. There's some fights that are relatively difficult if you're very squishy. The boss at the end of Alderaan, for example. From what I hear a lot of Deception assassins had trouble with that one, while I wiped the floor with him as Darkness spec on the first try without even dropping below 30% health.

Everything Sabba said is basically what I did. Ran Darkness from level 10 to 50. Low damage... very low... but you can survive the apocalypse, which is nice. There is a bit of a struggle a few levels before 36, but once you hit 36 you will have healing companion and the ability to use uninterrupted force lightning which heals you.

Oh yeah, your ship droid is a healer! Use him before you get your other healer.

What I did was use Vette until 17-18 until I got my ship with the droid. Being Cybertech I geared the droid and used him. You kill a bit slower, but you really can't die.

We don't have Vette but Khem Val to begin with, and i too leveled darkness but please do yourself a favor and let that droid on the ship ...

He's really bad at what he supposed to do, need some stuff and even if stuffed (i'm cybertech too) still useless compared to any other pet : he have no dps and his healing is quite ridiculous and won't be enough for when you really need heal ...

It's faster to level with a dps pet if you're a tank (and you can just regen out of combat) and you'll learn your class much more efficiently.

If you need that much healing do yourself a favor and use Biochem, instead of that crappy robot :rolleyes:

But sure when you'll have your "true" healer feel free to use him, he's good especially when you try to take down some champion/elites.

On the other hand if you want to level as dps, you'll better keep Khem Val along, he's good tank but you'll need to find stuff to keep him on par.

Edited by DolanAkaCoin