Sniper (Issues)

JBGames

I'm writing this to try and get all the Sniper Issues listed in one thread. I've noted alot of issues popping up across the board and thety are hard to read and it would be easier to put them in one place. Please Help me with the list. ((I know some don't agree with some of that listed issues that is ok(feel free to comment in a constructive way))

In order to to gauge which issues are more presssing Ill put () next to the issue and try and tally up everyone who expresses concern over that issue in the post. I realize that his is not perfect but it is an attempt.

Also if you want me to add and Issue just post it and I will do so.

Disclosure: I play a MM Spec Sniper

MM Spec Issues

1)Alacrity- You give use a bunch of percentage based alacrity specials yet you put no alacrity on any of our equipment.

2) All of the MM skills are classified as Ranged attacks and have to go through evade/dodge/reflect and alot of other things

3)Cover bugs and skill delays (1)

4)Being rooted doesn't allow you to cover

5)Bright red flashing lights on Cover that makes you stick out like a sore thumb

6)PvE damage not scaling with other class- http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=237554 (Note: more needs research needs to be done here but and interesting read)

Lethality Spec:

1) Classes ability to Purge all the dots (not sure if this is a problem but here are the classes:

Can Purge:

a)Operative/Scoundral- Level 24 every 4.5 secs (Toxic Scan/???)

b)Mercenary/Commando- Level 24 every 4.5 secs (????/Field Aid)

c)Assassin/Shadow- level 30 (1min)

2)Corrosive Grenade not recieving buff form Experimental explosives - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=245637

Engineering issues- need some help here

Joint Issues

1)Lack of a Ranged stun- To my knowledge we are the only ranged class w/o a ranged stun and this puts us at a disadvantage in PvP

2)Lack of usefullness in PvP/PvE set

Please add to my list or tell me were you don't agree: Lets keep this constructive please

To those who want to flame and suggest that we need to play only one line in PvP or Pve here is some reading:

MMORPG.com: The Imperial Agent breaks down into the Sniper and Operative. How do these stealth style classes work in conjuction with the more melee heavy classes?

Georg Zoeller: The Operative gets access to the stealth field generator, the Sniper does not. In regards to synergies with more melee heavy classes, it really comes down skill point distribution. The Sniper gameplay is a lot about setting up your attack, delivering maximum damage from long range and utilizing cover for defense while the Operative relies a lot more on his stealth field generator to get behind targets (preferably those paying attention to one of those heavy melee classes) to introduce them to their scatter gun at close range.

Another option available only to the Operative via skill tree choices is medical support.

In terms of the two factions how do the Advanced Classes stack up? Does every class have its equal? How are you handling class balance?

Georg Zoeller: To ensure faction balance, each Republic class has it's 'nemesis' on the Empire side, balanced for equal access in utility, mitigation and damage potential, etc.

At the same time, we're taking care to retain the proper Star Wars feel and identity for each of the classes (e.g. a Trooper won't get access to the jetpack/jetpack themed abilities the Bounty Hunter has and the Bounty Hunter won't get access to Assault Cannon style weapons).

Visually, each of the classes has their own set of animations, sounds, visual effects and appearance to ensure that characters can be easily identified on the battlefield and to support the unique feel of each class.

For Advanced Classes, we're working to ensure that each class is viable in their roles (e.g. all Advanced Classes that can fill a medic role are designed to be fully viable as such) and that there is no second class citizen.A lot of thought is also going into the design of the technology based classes to ensure they match the Force using classes in capability. Jedi are fearsome opponents, but certainly not immune to some well timed shots in the back from an Imperial Agent's sniper rifle or the flames of a Bounty Hunter's flamethrower.

As always, please remember Star Wars: The Old Republic is in ongoing Game Testing and as part of that, any of the details provided here about skills and abilities might change before the game launches.

Edited by JBGames

The Sniper gameplay is a lot about setting up your attack, delivering maximum damage from long range and utilizing cover for defense

Not sure why you put emphasis on this as if it is not something we do... This is EXACTLY how MM sniper works.

Snipers are fine really, the only real issue is all kinds of annoying cover bugs. We get screwed by tanks more than others? Design choice... Just as us being the only AC in-game capable of delivering Operative-class burst from range.

Good reply, I know some of the stuff works fine. I'm just trying to get a list together. I agree with the cover bug problem but also I think PvP/PvE bonuses for all classes should be reworked and the root bug should be fixxed.

Also the lack of synergy between skills can be worked out. I know this is a problem in many classes however I am just trying to raise awareness

Edited by JBGames