Space combat like jedi starfighter

Melaugh

I have owned every star wars game made in the last decade. Personally space combat in this game is seriously lacking, jedi star fighter was one of the best aerial or space in this instance games I have ever played, I would even put it on a par with games like ace combat, I think that space combat in the old republic needs to be seriously reassessed and brought along into what could be considered a game in itself.

Oh and this would also enable PvP space combat! Which would be epic in so many ways.

May the force be with you, always!

the servers can barely keep up with a 110% speed increase for speeders. There is no way they would be able to keep track of multiple ship players who are all aiming and firing at each other. I have not seen an mmo yet that used actual aiming for pvp. Lag would make it impossible without the lock on and use skill button attack style. This is why those xbox fps games have such small limits on how many can play in a given match.

the servers can barely keep up with a 110% speed increase for speeders. There is no way they would be able to keep track of multiple ship players who are all aiming and firing at each other. I have not seen an mmo yet that used actual aiming for pvp. Lag would make it impossible without the lock on and use skill button attack style. This is why those xbox fps games have such small limits on how many can play in a given match.

Should I facepalm now or later?

My computer runs the 110% speeders in Republic Fleet @ 60 FPS (w/ Vertical Sync on). I know that there are some graphic glitches out there, and I am a victim of the CTD/System Lock graphic glitch.

The engine is more than capable of running the game appropriately. There are just some kinks that need to get worked out.

Personally, I'd like to see Space Combat go a more Sand Boxy, less Rail system direction. I'd like exploration to play an important part of Space - and would like to see Space become a game all to itself.

I hate to say it, but you don’t know what you're talking about at all.

The servers keep up fine with the 110% speed increase. Case in point, taxi service speed is 3-4x the speeders.

Your second point; they would not be able to track multiple ship players who are all aiming and firing at each other. Should I even comment on this? They can, easily. You sir have no clue about programming in the least.

Your third point; You have not seen any mmo yet to use actual aiming for pvp. Here is a list http://www.onrpg.com/MMO/mmolist.html?filters%5Bgenre%5D=14 it includes all the FPS mmo's out there.

Your fourth point; Xbox games are limited by hardware, not the servers. Many console ports are changed because of hardware limitations. Case in point; http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-24-battlefield-3-mp-maps-shrunk-for-consoles

Final point; You sir are a troll and have no clue.

• 2 weeks later...

Fail....did you not notice that SWG had space combat? I mean...you kinda need to be a billionare ingame to really fly around like in BF2 but you had to kinda aim....unless your a imp that missile locked. I personally say they should go for a more....Battle Front 2 combat.