Marauder / Sentinel Saberstaff

Lord_Noxis

Greetings,

As the title implies; it would be nice if Marauders and Sentinels had the option of a Double Sided Saber to use in combat, it may mesh well with the Rage / Focus specs but would be nice if it could be utilized with any. Since Marauders abandon the secrets of the dark side's sorcery mostly, for battle prowess, it only seems appropriate that they master all saber types.

It was strange to model Marauders after Darth Maul and exclude this, and judging from some of the Mobs in Red Reaper as well as other places carrying the title Marauder while wielding saber staves, it seems like it was an intent.

In the same respect, it may however be nice to include some of the rare saber types in the expanded star wars universe as well for other classes. After all, the same old Lightsabers can indeed get old!

Thank you,

Noxis

Greetings,

As the title implies; it would be nice if Marauders and Sentinels had the option of a Double Sided Saber to use in combat, it may mesh well with the Rage / Focus specs but would be nice if it could be utilized with any. Since Marauders abandon the secrets of the dark side's sorcery mostly, for battle prowess, it only seems appropriate that they master all saber types.

It was strange to model Marauders after Darth Maul and exclude this, and judging from some of the Mobs in Red Reaper as well as other places carrying the title Marauder while wielding saber staves, it seems like it was an intent.

In the same respect, it may however be nice to include some of the rare saber types in the expanded star wars universe as well for other classes. After all, the same old Lightsabers can indeed get old!

Thank you,

Noxis

I agree with you entirely. However, Marauders were not designed with darth maul in mind. Assassins were.

Assassins as they are now feel NOTHING like darh maul. Darth maul fought with acrobatics and lots of spinning and fast attacks, assassins are more slow paced, clunky and use mostly force powers. They feel more like a sorc with a melee minigame attached.

Marauder playstyle reflects that of darth maul much more than assassins, so i agree 100% with this idea.

When i first got this game i had to make one of the hardest choices ever:

Do i go with assassin and get the ****** double bladed saber?

or do i go marauder and have ****loads of fun leaping across chasms at mobs on the side and just overall beating the **** out of people with crazy fast paced attacks.

What did i do? i rolled assassin, got it to level 49 and then rerolled marauder because assassins were too slow paced, and the sorc storyline sucked.

I am now a marauder and loving it (but missing my saber staff).

Yeah,

My lore may be off I would say, but Maul is described as one of the most powerful Warriors of all time, and I don't think he's as proficient with the sorcery of the dark side as the Assassin is. You'd think the rage, cruelty and brashness would embody the avenging Sith Apprentice that Maul was. His studies were dedicated to killing the Jedi for the death of his family.

I like Assassin though, its a double edge sword because I sometimes find myself wishing my assassin could dual wield sabers.