The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP Vanguard Build

Beastka

Hey, I'm currently lvl 14 Vanguard and I got two questions:

Should I start building the PVP build from this lvl already or reset at 50?

And, can you give me a good build with an explanation?

There are builds all over the Trooper board as well. Might take a while to find all of them. Go to one of the threads that's alot of pages and you'll see some good stuff.

From what i've read there are builds that work for both. Look at the Parakeet build It's a nice hybrid.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801RRGMZ0cZbcb.1 Lvl 32

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801RRGMZZbIbrzh.1 Lvl 40

In my experience after re-speccing a few times it's much easier to play PVE with a PVP build than it is to play PVP with a PVE focus. So i've gone with a shield spec PVP build and it works fine for PVE too.

Edited by Cheeseblaster

I went from 10-50 with Assault tree. Nothing but points into Assault all the way up to Assault Plastique, and then put my points into the other 2 trees ending at 4/6/31, which is the same build I'm still using (although I did respec and change some of the lower Assault choices that I had picked while leveling).

So should I start building the PVP build from now?

And what tree should I focus?

Personally I pumped a lot of points into the shield tree and maxed stock strike bonus first since I wasn't finding great armor at that point. And that was advice given to me when asked a similair question. People basically said throw your points in Shield tree till you hit 30.

I didn't put any points into tactics until I hit lvl 26.

TheRabbit's suggestion is apt also.

You really gotta decide based on your playing style. I tank, so I went shield spec. But if you want more of a DPS build then do what TheRabbit suggested and go heavy Assault tree to start off.

I asked this question when I was Lvl 15, and started focusing on PVP build then. Luckily its easy to re-spec when you're fairly low level, so if you find what you're doing isn't working it's easily fixed.

Edited by Cheeseblaster