Cybertech vs. Biochem. This really needs looking into

ddayyy

I have 2 characters on different servers. 1 is a biochem at 50 and the other is a cybertech at 50.

My Biochem character has:

1) Reusable Rakata stat boost (that's a massive amount of free stats you have ALL the time since it's reusable).

2) Massive amount of crit for 15 sec every 2 min. (Reusable)

3) Decent health pack (reusable)

4) Implants (better than Ear, since they have 2 slots instead of 1).

My cybertech character has:

1) Fairly useless reusable grenades. 5 minute timer. Short stun or a bit of damage (negligible damage due to the 5 minute timer). In pvp it might be OK due to the stun, but it's still really REALLY bad compared to Biochem reusables.

2) Armoring mod. Worse than what you get from dailies. I have yet to see any schematic for a better mod from the Operations I've been in.

3) Mod. Worse than dailies.

4) Ear. Woopdeedoo.

5) Vehicle. Exactly the same speed and everything as other level 50 vehicles, it just looks different. Yay!

6) Droid equipment. Useless, nobody uses the droid. I have yet to be able to sell any purple droid mods.

7) Spaceship mods. This is good for making money, no use otherwise unless you're into spaceship missions.

Seriously which designer thought this was balanced? Biochem is so far and beyond better for raiding and PVP that it isn't even funny. Yea cybertech has a lot of stuff, but most of it is either useless or has very limited uses. And you can make a ton of money selling implants and stims as a chemist, so even though cybertech is slightly better for making money it isn't really an issue (I have no problem with credits on my biochem character). And the Biochem doesn't have to spend a penny on stims or medpacks, he has reusables, which saves him a ton of credits in the long run.

Not to mention currently stims are going for 23k a pop on my server (blue level 48 stims!!!). LOL. You expect me to shell out 23 k every 2 hours on top of my repair bill when raiding? Seriously? The ingredients needed to make these need to be rebalanced.

And forget about the 15 sec crit. No way am I spending a ton of credits on that.

When balancing this you must have assumed players would easily afford to buy stims and 15 sec buffs for their activities, so the reusables wouldn't be that much of an issue. However that simply isn't the case.

As for pvp, you really think people will shell out thousands of credits every 2 hours for pvp? I login to pvp every once in a while, but rarely do I play for more than 1 hour at a time. This means the biochemists have a constant massive stat boost while I have nothing (well except for a pretty crappy grenade on a whopping 5 minute timer lmao).

You REALLY need to rebalance the crafting skills. And I REALLY don't want to have to drop Cybertech on my character since I've invested a lot of time into it but it seems rather pointless to keep it when I could have all the benefits of biochem instead ...

Edited by ddayyy

"Not to mention currently stims are going for 23k a pop on my server (blue level 48 stims!!!). LOL. You expect me to shell out 23 k every 2 hours on top of my repair bill when raiding? Seriously? The ingredients needed to make these need to be rebalanced."

How much are the green ones? Unless you're dieing all the time (unlikely) only advantage to the blue ones is they last longer. (2x as long) if green ones are less than 11.5k, just go for those.

Earpieces sell well.

And augmented purple earpieces are just great. Better than daily earpieces.

Now the problem is with the biochemists. Blue stims persist after death. If youre going to die repeatedly use those. If not, just use the green ones you can buy.

Earpieces are the best thing about Cybertech by far. Everything else is kind of meaningless. I have Cybertech, and I have the purple patterns for the Armoring and Mods I would use, but it's an absolute waste of credits to make them when compared against commendation rewards. The mats required for a level 49 modification are way, way too pricey.

The speeders are some kind of joke, since they cost a lot MORE than the speeders everyone else gets, and they're just recolored version of what everyone else can get anyway.

Earpieces with augment slots are the ONLY reason I haven't dropped it for BioChem.