@BIOWARE: A fix to the "My Armor looks terrible" complaint

Faeron

Here's a few ideas:

Add a slot to the MODIFICATION menu that allows you to insert a lesser piece of armor (a chest you got at level 20 into a top tier pvp chest), and allow the chest to retain stats but LOOK like the lower level chest. It would be extremely easy to implement and honestly would take only a few days with a person or two to write the code up for it @Bioware.

Allow us to get more armor with empty slots at 50 that doesn't require social points so at least we're able to fill them with top tier mods and they won't be so much worse than low tier pve/pvp gear. It's an idea for people who are willing to trade off stats for looks but in the end I think this would be a cop-out if they actually did this.

Stop making us all Space Samurai's and Gundams, give me a simple robes like character creation showed me in and I'll be MORE than happy.

:confused:

You can do this now with the Orange Armors and Mods... If I wanted to I could wear level 10 armor with level 50 stats. It's already in the game.

Find a low level Orange robe you like, strip the level 50 mods out of the high level stuff and place it in the Robe... Not that hard.

Edited by Kazmtyh

You can do this now with the Orange armors... If I wanted to I could wear level 10 armor with level 50 stats. It's already in the game.

Except the stats from even the epic top tier mods doesn't even come close to level 50 gear. So.....

You can do this now with the Orange armors... If I wanted to I could wear level 10 armor with level 50 stats. It's already in the game.

Yes but your stats would not be equal.

A level 10 orange chest piece may have 100 armor for base stats, no mods. A level 40 orange chest piece may have 350 armor, no mods. Your missing out on 200 armor which can make or break you at higher levels, especially some of the final class quest bosses (see Jedi Knights).

Also, end game gear that is tiered, or pvp related is not orange, and significantly outdoes any orange item in the game currently. Orange items don't stack up in the long run and are not a long term customization solution.

They should implement a system identical to LOTRO.

A level 10 orange chest piece may have 100 armor for base stats, no mods. A level 40 orange chest piece may have 350 armor, no mods. Your missing out on 200 armor which can make or break you at higher levels, especially some of the final class quest bosses (see Jedi Knights).

Also, end game gear that is tiered, or pvp related is not orange, and significantly outdoes any orange item in the game currently. Orange items don't stack up in the long run and are not a long term customization solution.

Hence my first idea? Please read the entire post because you obviously don't know what I was saying.

Hence my first idea? Please read the entire post because you obviously don't know what I was saying.

Look who I quoted and who I was responding to before you respond with something this ignorant, especially when I am supporting your side.

In other words, I didn't respond to YOU at all. I responded to the guy who was arguing in the case of orange armors working in the game already. I said why they don't work. In your favor, but I guess you didn't read a thing I wrote and just responded. Way to read.

Edited by Evray

But they are. I just looked and verified this on my character.

When I take the Mods out of the Helm I have, there is no 'Base Armor' on it. There is no stat difference between my modded level 50 PvP helm and my Modded level 20 PvP helm with the same Mods equipped in them.

The stats are the same across the board.

I do remember when they used base Armor in Beta though...

But they are. I just looked and verified this on my character.

When I take the Mods out of the Helm I have, there is no 'Base Armor' on it. There is no stat difference between my modded level 50 PvP helm and my Modded level 20 PvP helm with the same Mods equipped in them.

The stats are the same across the board.

I do remember when they used base Armor in Beta though...

I had a level 17 chest piece for 30 levels that was orange because I thought the base stats didn't matter. I got a non-modded orange at level 41 and then took all my mods out of the 17 chest piece, my armor difference was almost 190.

Maybe not all orange armor has a base stat, but others do. It was that way in Beta, and its that way now.

All (at least heavy) orange without mods have 18 base armor?

That's not true.

Sure, orange armor has a base armor value without mods in it... however, that value is not added to the armor mod's value. It's replaced entirely by the mod.

That's not true.

Sure, orange armor has a base armor value without mods in it... however, that value is not added to the armor mod's value. It's replaced entirely by the mod.

I see. Thank you for clearing up the matter. Then I retract my previous statement, however, purple gear at end game still overshadows any mods available. Especially Battlemaster and Columi/Rakata.

That's not true.

To expand on this, you can take something meant for a Bounty Hunter and put it onto a Sith Warrior provided you're able to wear the armor (medium/heavy) and just use stats from the mods you've obtained. I personally find that this keeps armor styles from looking stale and can make for some interesting combinations.

To expand on this, you can take something meant for a Bounty Hunter and put it onto a Sith Warrior provided you're able to wear the armor (medium/heavy) and just use stats from the mods you've obtained. I personally find that this keeps armor styles from looking stale and can make for some interesting combinations.

I used the same robes for my Jedi the majority of my leveling experience and I loved it. I occasionally changed the other around him. But now that I am in full battlemaster gear and look like a ridiculous Samurai, I can only pray that I get Rakata gear soon to outdo it so I can look like a real Jedi again. This whole shogun warrior armor is really grinding my gears.

I wish they had a long term customization system that could be used the entire time.

Look who I quoted and who I was responding to before you respond with something this ignorant, especially when I am supporting your side.

In other words, I didn't respond to YOU at all. I responded to the guy who was arguing in the case of orange armors working in the game already. I said why they don't work. In your favor, but I guess you didn't read a thing I wrote and just responded. Way to read.

LMAO, sorry dude I'm real tired. That's so funny haha...

My bad

I see. Thank you for clearing up the matter. Then I retract my previous statement, however, purple gear at end game still overshadows any mods available. Especially Battlemaster and Columi/Rakata.

True enough. I've read a yellow post saying that they're working on the issue as of 1/10/2012 in this thread....

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Edited by Daemonjax