The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Favorite PVP Stims?

Cheeseblaster

This is highly dependent on the situation and spec. Naturally, the DPS specializations should be running with Aim most of the time, while the tank specializes run with either Aim or Endurance (Endurance is usually better for Hutball, if you have a dedicated healer, or are in a situation where surviving is more important than killing, like defending an Alderaan node against superior numbers with a healer).

This only really gets complicated when you are Biochem and you can swap stims on the fly.

If you are DPS, Aim is still usually the best to go with in most cases. However, if you decide to carry the ball, run Ion Cell to guard a healer, or are defending a node (Alderaan / Voidstar defense) you can swap to the endurance stim.

As a tank, you pretty much do the same thing, but favor endurance when you're outmanned in almost all situations.

Also note that the endurance stim will increase the effect of Adrenaline Rush and the Warzone Medpac, so if you really wanted to, you could switch to an endurance stim before you use those. But it still costs a GCD, so this would be a rare occurrence (like if you were setting yourself up to receive a Hutball pass, you'd pop the endurance stim then heal yourself up).

For both, if you really want to maximize yourself in PvP, you could run with endurance until you get hit, then switch to aim. This way you get the affect of both stims (if you aren't healed) at the cost of one GCD. In my opinion though, that cost is too high in most situations in PvP, so I don't normally bother.

On a side note, in my opinion, they need to do something about this stim switching. Yet another unfair advantage for Biochem.