5/5/31 Madness build rotation

jkcheng

I recently switched from the 0/13/28 Hybrid build to full Madness due to BW apparently wanting to undo hybrid specs by making Induction only viable under Surging Charge. Might move the 2pts in Dark Embrace somewhere else considering the the 6s bonus to Force regen can only be used once per pull.

I don't intend on going to full Deception due to its lack of AoE utilities that I've often found useful in just about any occasion. The dps from Deception is not like a rogue in WoW where it is high and bursty enough to sacrifice AoE for it. Perhaps allowing EW to proc more than once every 10s or have Maul's cost reduced from stealth with increased crit rate will help burst and sustained dps, but as of right now it simply isn't good enough imo on single target dps to sacrifice multi-target dps.

My question is this, what do some of you guys who spec'ed full Madness use for rotation and why. I've read the stickied post here regarding full Madness rotation but honestly cannot trust any writeup that has Force Lightning that high up on priority list for a non-Darkness build. Sithwarriors only has a priority list w/o a general rotation for the 0/13/28 build which may soon be rendered obsolete.

In the 0/13/28 build, when no procs are up, I spam 2x Thrash -> Shock until they come up, throwing in Saber Strike if I run low on Force or if Death Field and Shock are on cooldown (while there is still good amount of Surging Charge DoT remaining) after 2x Thrash w/ no procs up. I'm guessing with full Madness build I'd simply spam Thrash until cd's or procs are up?

Another question I have, as I've never used Creeping Terror before, do I use it when it's up or only when the DoT is about expire? When is the best time to use Recklessness past using it for the opener (I usually open with Death Field for both 1v1 and multi-target).

Edited by jkcheng

Yea, I don't trust that write up.

I open with recklessness from stealth and then death field then shock. Lightning discharge, Creeping Terror, Thrash.

I only use shock to refresh unearthed knowledge, death field whenever I can, creeping terror is free to cast anyway so I use whenever its CD is up, same with lightning discharge and I Thrash my *** off for those raze procs. I also try to save Maul to right before duplicity drops off and ofcourse only if exploitive strikes is up, which it should be up all the time anyway.

For relics and what not, I use the rakata crit surge so I wait till my dots are up then pop that, I overcharge saber at the start aswell, right after recklessness, and I reuses recklessness whenever its cd is up and death field is off cd.

Edited by DarthNorik

Yea, I don't trust that write up.

I open with recklessness from stealth and then death field then shock. Lightning discharge, Creeping Terror, Thrash.

I only use shock to refresh unearthed knowledge, death field whenever I can, creeping terror is free to cast anyway so I use whenever its CD is up, same with lightning discharge and I Thrash my *** off for those raze procs. I also try to save Maul to right before duplicity drops off and ofcourse only if exploitive strikes is up, which it should be up all the time anyway.

For relics and what not, I use the rakata crit surge so I wait till my dots are up then pop that, I overcharge saber at the start aswell, right after recklessness, and I reuses recklessness whenever its cd is up and death field is off cd.

Thanks a lot for the pointers. Was considering dropping Dark Embrace for Electric Execution but I think I'll stick with Dark Embrace so I'm not totally depleted on Force after opening. So it seems to be the biggest diff between full Madness and Hybrid Madness regarding rotation is Shock. Whereas before I do a Shock for every 2 Thrash, I now need to train myself to continue spamming Shock instead. I've moved Creeping Terror to where I had Shock binded.

Why do you keep saying Creeping Terror is free to cast? Due to its low cost vs duration? What do you usually do when up against one of those 4 to 5 mob groups with no Strongs/Elites? In the Hybrid build I Death Field out of stealth, 2x Trash one of the leftovers to death, Shock another to death, and then 2x Thrash -> Shock to cleanup, sometimes throwing in a Tumult after a Shock or if Talos has them in carbonite freeze.

Calculating mind gives 2 force for each tick, Death field puts 10 death marks on a target, 2 x 10 = 20. Both lightning discharge and creeping terror cost 20 force, so I say free cuz the cost is made up. The only skill that really shows how great death marks are is Raze with crushing darkness. The only really free force regen and damage.

Ugh, in quest content I believe I death field, shock, tumult one guy. Then shock, maul, assassinate the next. Then lightning discharge, creeping terror, death field, thrash, assassinate the silver elite.

Calculating mind gives 2 force for each tick, Death field puts 10 death marks on a target, 2 x 10 = 20. Both lightning discharge and creeping terror cost 20 force, so I say free cuz the cost is made up. The only skill that really shows how great death marks are is Raze with crushing darkness. The only really free force regen and damage.

Ugh, in quest content I believe I death field, shock, tumult one guy. Then shock, maul, assassinate the next. Then lightning discharge, creeping terror, death field, thrash, assassinate the silver elite.

I see, so Shock is still used even at double the cost, what sucks though is a lot of times when I want to cast that last Shock to finish off a mob, my Force pool is under 39 and above 20.

"full Madness due to BW apparently wanting to undo hybrid specs by making Induction only viable under Surging Charge" --- when did that happen or were are you seeing this coming / change?

Thanks

Mouseover your Induction skill and check the tooltip next time you're in game.

Edited by punman

Thanks I never noticed it :eek:... Will look next time in game:mad:

BW must play ranged and ***** by melee during beta :)

It's more like they want to stop people from doing hybrids...

Harnessed Darkness is changed so it gains a stack from wither as well.

Then why did they have all those perks? instead of just 3.

Might move the 2pts in Dark Embrace somewhere else considering the the 6s bonus to Force regen can only be used once per pull.

that is not entirely true. dont forget that we also have force cloak every 3 mins. If in boss fights that last an average 6min-9min+ we can use force cloak to go stealth and gain a dark embrace buff. we wont go out of battle because our fellow raiders are still fighting. it works just like the rogues vanish ability from WoW

that is not entirely true. dont forget that we also have force cloak every 3 mins. If in boss fights that last an average 6min-9min+ we can use force cloak to go stealth and gain a dark embrace buff. we wont go out of battle because our fellow raiders are still fighting. it works just like the rogues vanish ability from WoW

You know what, great mention, I was still contemplating whether to give up Dark Embrace b/c it's still useful for dailies, now I will definitely keep it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.