Bioware on PvP

Necrotiq

i dont remember a community manager or represantative of a mmo devs company saying anything else.

yet its been a while we had a real pvp mmo. lets remember... there are fairy tales of old men about DaoC having a good pvp system. thats all that i heard of good pvp the last 10 years.

what do we learn? presentation and advertisement does not neccessarily affect the product.

But..but..but they said it was going to be a focus. Does the OP really think that they would say anything different. I can see that going over well.

Interviewer: So, what can you tell us about your game's PVP system?

BW: Well, to tell you the truth, it's kind of just a side project. I mean, we want to have it and all because our research shows that people like to do it. We just aren't going to make it a priority.

-Yeah, that would go over well

For they longest time the failed to even mention that pvp was in the game and when asked about it would be a round about answer. I wasn't till the last year (not counting this pvp beta) that they started to talk about pvp and oh so srs they are about it

You are what you do, not what you say.

PvP in this game is lackluster. The warzones are fine, but there needs to be more than 3. The open world PvP is a disaster primarily because of the faction imbalance. If the factions were more balanced (in a population sense), we could get a better grasp of how Ilum is for PvP.

You guys are missing the OPs point. It's not about TOR focusing on PvP or not, it's about what the devs had promised.

So many times I read **** like: "Well of course PvP sucks, BW never said the game would be about PvP."

But there it is, they DID say PvP would be a focus of the game.

So it's normal that all us PvPers arrived in the game with high expectations and it's normal that BW gets a **** storm for not delivering.

Bottom line is they lied (yes the fish and hook analogy was spot on) and PvP is nothing more than a poorly implemented after thought.

It can only get better though, I haven't given up on the game just yet.

I want my SWG Anchorhead vs Bestine battles back :'(

God, that was epic. People doing crap for damage to each other with CDEF carbines and rifles. Well, the novice riflemen never actually hitting anything...

Got to Carbines 4 and actually got a bleed! Peeling skulls back with my looted EE3 Carbine!

Seeing a Combat Medic for the first time chunking aoe stims into the crowd...

*pours out a 40 for my mon cal rebel pet soldier*

Edited by Valsdad