The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Final Ranks of Ion Pulse and High Impact Bolt?

TheRabbit

Need some help from the community since it's information I can't find ANYWHERE.

Ok, so the final rank of Ion Pulse is 7, and the final rank of High Impact Bolt is 8. What character level are these two final ranks trainable at? It's a number you need to know for theorycrafting as it affects the StandardHealth portion of a skill's damage.

I tried pestering a ton of mid 40's vanguards, but all I really found out is that at level 40 you have rank 6 HIB, nobody else was putting up with my very simple questions. So can anyone tell me definitively what level you train these 2 final ranks at?

TIA,

Rabbit

Is there anyway to check it after you've already trained them?

Also, can't you check Torhead effect details for standard health percentage? According to Torhead:

HIB

===

WeaponDamage: StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.19, Slots=>[ PrimaryRanged ], StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.19, Coefficient=>1.9, FlurryBlowsMax=>1, AmountModifierPercent=>0.27, IgnoreDualWieldModifier=>1, FlurryBlowsMin=>1, IsSpecialAbility=>1

Ion Pulse

===

SpellDamage: SpellType=>Tech, StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.086, Slot=>None, Coefficient=>1.07, StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.126, AmountModifierPercent=>0.01, DamageType=>Elemental

Is there anyway to check it after you've already trained them?

Also, can't you check Torhead effect details for standard health percentage? According to Torhead:

HIB

===

WeaponDamage: StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.19, Slots=>[ PrimaryRanged ], StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.19, Coefficient=>1.9, FlurryBlowsMax=>1, AmountModifierPercent=>0.27, IgnoreDualWieldModifier=>1, FlurryBlowsMin=>1, IsSpecialAbility=>1

Ion Pulse

===

SpellDamage: SpellType=>Tech, StandardHealthPercentMin=>0.086, Slot=>None, Coefficient=>1.07, StandardHealthPercentMax=>0.126, AmountModifierPercent=>0.01, DamageType=>Elemental

Nope, which is why I need help from a level 4X Vanguard. At 50 I can see what rank the skills are, but I need to know what level the skill is trainable at in order to use the proper lookup table.

The percentages that you listed are only part of the formula for damage, the equation is basically StandardHealthPercentMin * StandardHealth. The ...PercentMin is easy to lookup on Torhead as you said, but the StandardHealth part of the formula is a lookup table that is based on the character level that the skill is trainable at.

The range is:

40	  1380
41	  1400
42	  1430
43	  1440
44	  1480
45	  1490
46	  1540
47	  1545
48	  1560
49	  1575
50	  1610

I know the final rank is trained somewhere in there, and while it isn't a huge difference (when you're considering that only 19% of it is added in) it is a big enough difference that could mean the difference between being able to hit 5k crits and 4.9k crits.

So, if anyone reading this is a level 40 something Vanguard, go to your trooper trainer, and change the top left dropdown from "Trainable" to "All" and let me know what ranks these are trainable at!

Thanks!