Artificer: replaced my pre-order crystal and it vanished

morningtide

So in my trying to figure out upgrading the saber with crafted color crystals, I dragged a crystal to the color slot and it overwrote my pre-order crystal. :\

After that I realize you can "extract" parts from the saber for a fee.

Kind of messed up that there was no warning message. Is it likely I will never get my pre-order crystal back?

During Beta there was a special vendor in one of the major cities where you could get another pre-order crystal in case you lost the first one. I imagine the vendor would still be available although I'm sorry I can't remember the vendor name or title.

Kind of messed up that there was no warning message

There is and you have to check a box to never show it again or it will keep appearing in the middle of your screen every time you attempt to overwrite a mod.

There is at least one pre-order vendor on the fleet that will sell you an additional crystal for a fee (in case you dual wield I guess).

I found a vendor today on the Spacedock/ fleet that sells the pre-order crystals.

They show up on the map, but it's in an odd location. If you enter into the outer circle areas from the inner area/ axis/cross/whatever, it's right in the corner to your left immediately after turning into the outer area (of one of them, not sure which, but it should show as a vendor on your map).

I know that's confusing but hopefully it helps. Either way, yes you can buy it back.

During Beta there was a special vendor in one of the major cities where you could get another pre-order crystal in case you lost the first one. I imagine the vendor would still be available although I'm sorry I can't remember the vendor name or title.

Still there too. off in an alcove in one of the walkways leading to Crew Skills in the fleet. 10 credits each...get em while they are hot.