I would like to be on board as my ship lands

NickyRTR

A minor suggestion to make the SWTOR experience more immersive:

The present experience of landing on a planet is somewhat disconnected. After selecting a destination on the galaxy map, my ship goes through hyperspace and arrives in orbit around the new world .. all fine. However, when I click on the exit hatch, a movie displays of my ship traveling from orbit to the planet surface. This does not make sense, as my character would not walk out of the hatch until after the ship had already landed.

When arriving at a planet, I would prefer that my ship land on the surface while I am still on board on the bridge. Perhaps as I look through the bridge windows there would be a graphic showing the approaching planet, then the fiery plasma of re-entry, and then an aerial approach to the spaceport. This is more consistent with the fact that upon clicking the exit hatch, I will be immediately outside the ship in the hangar.

Likewise, when I board the ship, I would expect to see the hangar and spaceport outside the bridge window, until I decide to embark on a space voyage to another world. That's when the movie of my ship exiting the hangar and rocketing into space would be appropriate.

As I said, this is a minor suggestion and not critical to game play at all, but if it is simple to implement I think some players would find it an improvement.

Edited by NickyRTR

Given that all the places your ship can land are either A: small hangars in spaceports, or B: small hangars in space stations, i'm not sure what kind of view you are expecting...

I think the view of the planet is pretty epic already to be honest

Seeing how the hanger where your ship lands is an instanced area anyway, I thought it would be kind of cool if that when your ship was docked in the hanger the actual door to your ship wasn't closed.

What I mean is, when you're in your hanger the interior of your ship and the actual hanger itself are both available seamlessly while docked on the ground. Rather than clicking on the closed door of your ship to take off back into orbit, you could walk up the ramp and through the door - walk around inside the ship - and go to the bridge to tell the ship to take off.

Seeing how the hanger where your ship lands is an instanced area anyway, I thought it would be kind of cool if that when your ship was docked in the hanger the actual door to your ship wasn't closed.

What I mean is, when you're in your hanger the interior of your ship and the actual hanger itself are both available seamlessly while docked on the ground. Rather than clicking on the closed door of your ship to take off back into orbit, you could walk up the ramp and through the door - walk around inside the ship - and go to the bridge to tell the ship to take off.

Good suggestion. I agree with this as well.