The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Mandalorian Vibrosword?

mwess

I am trying to decide between powtertech or mercenary, since powertech is the melee AC, are they able to equip vibroswords?...like the ones the Mandalorian BH, and "deathwatch" use? Its a melee weapon so I assume only powertech would have access to it? Edited by mwess

As far as I'm concerned the only reason someone would pick a merc over a powertech is because they either want to heal or want 2 pistols... two things powertech can't do.

As a powertech you will carry a single dinky pistol. If that doesn't deter you, powertechs are aamazingly versitile mobile face destroying machines.. and you don't really use your pistol for anything.

The selling point for me was.. powertech combat is a lot of moving around close range using instant skills while mercs sit in one position in the back queueing up channeled abilities (yawn!)

That's really disappointing to here about not being able to equip the vibrosword, loses a lot of flavour.

My other character is a melee DPS (Jedi Sentinel), so a merc wouldn't be so boring, a nice change of pace, but think I will go with the Powertech...there's no skill in sitting back 30m shooting rockets.