Columi armor set for DPS

erei

So I dropped an unassembled thing to buy a gloves for my commando (DPS) and I don't know which one to buy.

*Combat tech armor (vanguard dps it seems) :

pro : -very good bonuses (crit + surge)

-4set bonus good but not so great

con : -2pieces set bonus useless (vanguard skill)

*Eliminator (commando dps I think) :

pro : -2set bonus good

-4set bonus interesting

con : -horrible bonus (less aim, power, no crit)

As you can see, there is pro and con for both. Any advice to tip the scale ?

Edited by erei

The two piece set bonus on the eliminator set is going to far outweigh any kind of stat difference between them.

As the other poster said, you can swap out mods from extra pieces you get, if you don't like what is on them it isn't that terrible to change. I've been working on replacing the enhancements in a lot of mine from the combat tech set (not so much that I don't like what is on them, but the ones in the eliminator have higher endurance and less of the secondary stats so I have been replacing them with the lower endurance ones).

My plan is to get most of my crit points from my ear piece and implants and have mainly power, accuracy, and surge on the armor pieces.

As everyone has said, get the eliminator for sure, the 2 piece set bonus is just too good considering what a staple grav round is, and just spend the 28k or so (its acutally like 27.8k but whatever) if you get any spare drops and pull out the enhancements from the Tech set and put it in to your eliminator.

For enhancements you aren't even limited to just commando stuff. As an example, my first columni drop was actually smuggler head that dropped to me because we didn't have a smuggler. When I got Columni legs the next night I pulled the enhancement out of the smuggler head and put them in my legs because they had less endurance but way more power.

Bottom line: You can replace the mods on the eliminator set. You can't replace the set bonuses on the Tech set.