The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

0/23/18? (AP/Pyro) Ya or Nah?

Slamwich

Sorry to waste everyone's time if there's much info about this spec out there, but I've had difficulty finding any. (Not this EXACT spec point-for-point obviously, but things like it)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZbsrrobskZfhbrzh.1

Has anyone done some decent running with it in PvP? Running IGC (3 points in Burning Flame because 3% End is hurrrr), I'm wondering how well it'd stand up. You've got Hydraulics for lol-carrying, and lots of synergy around RS. And would you go for Shield or Gen?

Again, I'm sorry if this has been posted a million times, but hopefully I could get a little info on it, even if it has! It's either this or Parakeet for me; I'm just so bothered about the shield mechanic in pvp that it makes me want to avoid it :\

Generator def, since I assume you dont plan on running around with Ion cylinder active, your shield chance would be 5% unless u have sheild rating gear(i assume with a dps build you wont). Also i agree that the point placed into Kolto vents would be better for pvp, since well health is great. Railshots always vent heat so you will constantly be getting health with a build focused around railshot and PT pvp builds are generally centered around mobility they can be, and Flamethrower is not one of the best pvp abilites due to channel requirment and short range. Unless always fighting melee players i think Kolto vents is a better choice. Edited by Pwnyride

I think its a great pvp spec. Ive run it on my vanguard quite a bit (although i always stray back to full pyro).

The synergy between flame barrage, charged gauntlets, and particle accelerator is awesome. I used the dot fire stance and the mobility/dps is great. It has a lot less burst than full pyro but its really hard to run out of ammo and you can keep constant pressure on people. the -2s cd on quell is also real, real good.

I would almost suggest to take a point out of Proto-Type Flamethrower and Charged Gauntlets and put them into Sweltering Heat allowing you to KITE more effectively melee classes? (0/21/20)

Or possibly Rail Loaders for more Rail Shot Pew Pew. (2/21/18)

Also I noticed when I was running Kolto Vents in one of my builds it never seemed to do anything for me even when I had Prototype Cylinder Ventalation along with High Energy Gas Cylinder active.

If you were planning on using Guard more often then I would take the Endurance Buff over Bursting Flame.

Thank for the replies.

First off, I'd prefer to run with IGC; I only picked up the first tier pyro talent for a boost in pve.

Second, Kolto Vents only works when you use the ability Vent Heat, so it's pretty horrible. I'd rather have fun with the flamethrower on stunned targets/pve.

So, a few mentioned they've ran something similar. How does it compare to C. Parakeet?

Hey Slamwich.

Off topic: I just remembered where your name came from. :D

http://www.myvideo.be/watch/4193413

What...the....hell, nope.

I came up with it years ago, thinking I was super clever and hilarious. It's been my online game name for pretty much everything since.

Then I saw this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nV3Lnh5HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...oh well.