No medals for huttball scores/doors blown up on Voidstar...?

rchase

So, when I'm PVPing, I love to try my best to contribute to the objective of the match. Seems like that's what the devs want, because they...you know, put objectives in the WZs.

So, on a match of Huttball, I personally scored 3/6 times. I got 1 medal, for a solo kill.

On a match of Voidstar, I blew up 2 of the 3 doors, and removed 1 bomb. 2 medals. 75K damage and something else.

I click on someone who was just sitting outside the attackers spawn killing people, and he had like 9 medals or so.

***? So the guy who doesn't actually do any of the objectives gets more medals than the person who directly contributed to the win? And of course, the guy with 300K damage gets the MVP votes too.

Bioware, if you don't want to reward people for capturing turrets, scoring in huttball, or defending/blowing up doors, then why not just get rid of these maps and put a team deathmatch?

Trouble is, if you start giving away medals to people for planting bombs on doors, you'll end up with people trying to plant the bomb rather than CCing so that one person can plant the bomb.

If you give medals for scoring, there's an incentive to hog the ball when you should really pass it.

I do agree that it would be nice to be rewarded for focusing on objectives, but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it.

I do actually agree with this you should get a medal for doing an objective, eg capturing a turrent/huttball score/ arming or dearming bombs...

You do get objective points and occasionally you can get medals for hanging around an objective so its not totally flawed but i do think its a good idea.

Post above does raise a good point too.

Edited by AngusFTW

Trouble is, if you start giving away medals to people for planting bombs on doors, you'll end up with people trying to plant the bomb rather than CCing so that one person can plant the bomb.

If you give medals for scoring, there's an incentive to hog the ball when you should really pass it.

I do agree that it would be nice to be rewarded for focusing on objectives, but I'm not sure this is the best way to do it.

Then give medals for assisting with each...

If you're in the area when a plant goes down, medal, maybe two if you're in the area and planting it.

Give medals to the people that passed the ball which lead a score without the carrier dying/passing to someone else as well. Last person to pass gets an assist.

Even with the drawbacks of that sort of thing... it's still better than not rewarding the objectives at all. I'd love a proper deathmatch warzone, especially one without respawns, but that's not what these maps were designed for it's just how they end up getting played because developers are responsible for shaping player interaction with their game, when a few people play outside the scope of intentions, it's an exploit, when almost everyone plays outside the scope of intentions, it's a design flaw.

But then, other than doing daily quests, what's the point in trying to win? Currently, it's more lucrative as far as commendations and xp to just try to kill people. Which brings me back to the point of why not just have a team deathmatch?

And also, in it's current state, there is no incentive to actually taking the ball to score. You can just pass it to the guy behind you and start randomly DPSing people. Not to mention, now healers have no way to get a medal unless they quit healing and try to DPS people.