The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Experimental Build] Proc-based Powertech

Saphien

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMsMroRZfG0bdb.1

So I've been thinking about talent builds for a bit now, and I'm wondering how this one would work out.

Flame Burst has a 15% chance of making your next Rocket Punch free.

Flame Burst has a 20% chance of making your next Rail Shot free, and finishing its cooldown.

Rocket Punch has a 30% chance of making your next Rail Shot free, and finishing its cooldown.

Rail Shot (Proc) > Rocket Punch (Proc) > Retractable Blade (Refresh) > Flame Burst (Below 20 Heat) > Rapid Shots (Above 20 Heat)

The thought process behind this build is essentially trying to proc as many Rail Shots as possible.

High Energy Gas Cylinder provides a healthy amount of heat ventilation, which allows for quite a bit of Flame Burst spam.

I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.

Good in theory but you give up a lot of crit/dot damage. Also retractable blade requires you to be tight to your target to use. Making it a less than reliable dot in most instances.

There are a lot of good ideas here, however you won't be toping any charts with this spec.

I would think for a proc based spec you would want to max the skills that can proc. I think you give up a lot trying to get that 9% aim. I would look at the 0/23/18 spec as that is more proc-based than this spec. It has a chance for a free Rocket Punch, chance to Reset Rail Shot and make it free, and a chance to make Rail Shot auto crit.

I do kind of like the idea of a spec that uses High Energy Cylinder, but since this spec is trying to optimize Rail Shot, the High Energy Cylinder damage boost doesn't help it. I think you would see better damage using Combustible Gas Cylinder and it would open up a snare to you.