The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Customer Service is a Disaster.

Poogination

I guess it depends on the issue. I hit a semi serious issue when my smug bugged a quest out by taking an elevator before activating everything in a room and couldnt go back down.

Submitted a ticket and logged. While it was never answered, when i logged back in my mission was complete and my character had been moved.

Not sure if above was a case of EXTREME lag or a GM noticing my issue and just decided to fix it instead of finish the ticket first.

I have only entered 1 ticket in 34 days of playing and it took them about 3-4 days to answer with some half-*** automated *read the forums* response

(it was the launcher bug)

By that time, i had spent hours on forums and found the answer (reinstlall, change settings, firewalls, chickenblood) and then waited for the patch to fix it for my machine.

I think if the forum needs to be more proactive in helping answer people's questions and take some of the load OFF support.

Yes, support is going to be hammered when people like you open 7 tickets in 1 month while the other 999,999 players just open 1.

Numbers... they never lie.

The first ticket I ever sent was me asking if I could transfer ownership of a character from one account to another (from my brother's account to mine). It took them a week to respond to it, and by the time they got back to me, I got a canned response that didn't even match my question.

If an MMO has no policy and process in place to allow users to transfer a character from one account to another, WHAT MADE YOU THINK THIS WAS A VALID TICKET TO PLACE?????

You opened a ticket for something you desired, not for an actual game issue.

I'm surprised you received any response at all. I'm not surprised it took them a week to reply. I'm not surprised the response did not match the request.

Common sense was lacking when you placed this ticket, IMO.

My current theory is that people with real issues get them resolved fairly quickly.

Yup.