I'm sure it's been (a la Phantom Edit)

Pwny_Express

But has anyone taken all three prequels, trimmed the crap and poorly acted/written scenes, and edited together a solid 2.5 hour story arc that actually is good?

Even though I'm not a fan of the prequels (they really ruined a lot of the Star Wars universe for me) I can see where you could pick out the key scenes/sequences and create a 2-3 hour adventure-drama about the life of Anakin.

In my opinion aside from totally forsaking practical special effects and taking away the mystical nature of the Force, the biggest mistake GL made with the preq's was that he focused too much on the grand scale of things (the fall of the republic) rather than the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan and how it transformed. There was simply too much going on to give enough screen time to the key story (with the exception possibly being ROTS, which with about 20 minutes of edits actually makes a decent movie; Ian MacDiarmid was outstanding as always).

Times like this make me wish I was skilled with video editing tech and I'd make my own custom prequels.

Edited by Pwny_Express
typo in title