Help for 16m EV third boss?

Just curious if someone could give me a few suggestions on handling everything that spawns in the 16m EV Pillars...

I don't really get it... The first three adds spawn, no problem, start focusing them down and the likes... But then the next adds and the next adds, etc... I don't get how we have such a DPS disparity because we have done 2 8man hard mode groups that have cleared everything and never come close to enrage timers... Yet in 16m normal, we are quickly overwhelmed by the adds...

By that point it is a guaranteed wipe because there are so many adds in one spot that we can't even see which ones have shields and which ones don't... So if the tank does an AoE to keep aggro, he kills himself, if the dps do an AoE they kill themselves, and the adds in general just do a lot of damage so if we aren't killing ourselves, they are killing the tank...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah I think this is bugged.

We were able to over come it by,

1) having one person doing the puzzle in the most efficient way, about 9 turns (and generate 0 hate)

2) not dpsing at all, only non damage CC and heals

3) tank taunting like crazy and trying to get all adds on him until he dies.

after the tank wipes the dps and heals try to pick up what they can and kite them away from the pillars. This gave the pillar operators enough time to finish the puzzles before we wiped.

yeah its not a clean kill but Im pretty sure the spawn rate on the adds is bugged right now :p

Edited by Pilige

What we do is have the tanks pick up all the Guardians, no one touches them, and the tank has to be careful not to die due to the shields. The DPS takes down any watchers that spawn, and we CC the big green guys! it takes us about 9 turns to solve the puzzle completely and then we just die and come back and loot. Their are usually way to many guardians up so this is a much quicker way of getting the adds to despawn!

Hope this helps!

Dang I thought it was just us :p

Good to know other people are having trouble with it because there was a lot of arguing about how terrible we were as a group and would never accomplish anything in this game since we were unable to down a normal mode free loot boss and a couple new guys left...

Guess we will just keep running our 8 man hard modes for a while.

Thanks for responses.

We just started in on 16M this week and managed a full clear on both ops and Pylons was the only boss that I felt had a large disparity between the 8M difficulty and the 16M.

We split all the DPS/Tanks into three groups of two per pylon, each pair stands at a different add spawn point. There's an add that will cast a shield on itself (I believe it's the guardian but I'm not 100% sure) This shield reflects damage back and will destroy your DPS if they're not paying attention. Your DPS needs to alternate interrupts to keep them from finishing a cast of the shield buff and any add that successfully casts the shield should be kited until the shield goes down. On our successful attempt we only had a single DPS die, it just takes some coordination.

We had a similar bug last night doing 8man normal. both north and south sides were getting up to 6 gold mobs and a ton of normals all at once. the first two row's went as normal, but when we got to the 3rd row we got multiple waves in one turn. Edited by nimie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.