After 25 years games are more up tight now than they were

Chiricahua

Anyone remember Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, circa 1987? I'm not asking for much, just a little bit more companionship from Mako than her saying, "You alright?"

This game should've had a mature label affixed to it, but alas now all we here is nerf calls.

I remember PONG and everything after that, I don't think its the games so much as the gamers.

Cussing.

Religeon.

Sexual situations.

Among others.

Any of these are hot button issues for some gamers.

Game companies typically take the path of least resistance and that leaves us here.

Also in those days us gamers were far and few in between,to few people to get worked up by Larry's exploits. Now days games are mainstream ,they cater to millions instead of thousands and as such have to cater to mainstream views of the world in which they are created.

Edited by HanoverFist

Anyone remember Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards, circa 1987? I'm not asking for much, just a little bit more companionship from Mako than her saying, "You alright?"

This game should've had a mature label affixed to it, but alas now all we here is nerf calls.

Maybe go stare at the scantily clad dancers in some of the cantinas? Alternatively, if you can find an old Commodore64, you can load up "Leather Goddess of Phobos" or "Mad Party F**ker". Both of those are text adventure games, though, so you'll have to use your imagination.

lol they designed this game to be playable by 12 year olds and women, so no it's not going to be mature :D

I would kill for AOC's maturity level. I would never leave this game lol.

I would play republic (gasp) if this game had an overal mature theme :cool:

Edited by Aisar

LOL, yes i remember all the old leisure suit games, Classic stuff.

Yes because chopping off someones head in from of their son and delivering it to the widow is obviously designed for kids.

One sec, I am too busy winking at Jaesa. Oh yeah, blackscreen. ok im back, not sure what happened but it was awesome.