The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PT-Pvp/e [hit me whip me, i luv it]

Mortnar

I like to burn stuff... And im actualy a masochist... hit me whip me, i luv it !!!11!

...well that said, lemme ask your opinion.

Im a young level 50 powertech, and I tried to be ready for PVP. Got 5 champion bags, inside 2 ear piece and 10 centurion thingy.

Still, I'm happy to have 1 piece of decent pvp gear.

Since always, i love to tank! even in pvp. But I feel very squishy VS level 50pvpgeardtodeath. So, I have decieded to get a bit of dps. And after reviewing many posts about Pvp, stats, cycles... and talents ( WARNING HIDDEN QUESTION !! dammit! how high will the respect cost go? ... gettin' near the 100k creds...)

- I came up with a bit of a different pvp talent : 17/2/22 (still 2 points in rapide venting could be used somewhere else. I took combust.. cuz actualy, I'm not into brownish stuff... awkward !)

What do yout think ? Will i survive long enough to endure the pain (and enjoying it) before dying. How 'bout dps? rocket punch and IonCannon will be my main skills.

"Again !!! Hidden question !!!" How the heck do you get new armor pieces? only with champion bags? or is there another way to get pvp gear?

- For PVE: Even if I do not have any talent into Ion Gas, shall i be able to tank properly (rabbit)!!? (maybe not in HM i guess..)

- Finaly : Should I got tank-stats or dps-stats for pvp with what I just said?

Thank you for caring!

imo if you dont take jet charge from shieldtech tree theres no need to spend that many points in there.

i tried shield/pyro hybrid as someone who usually plays pure PvE Tank spec and it didnt really work that well. maybe 20-30% damage increase but you loose a lot of survivability and still cant kill stuff fast.

best advice to go full pyro and take thermal detonator dump 2 points for railshot in Shiled and spend the rest in AP, that pretty much doubled my DPS output and gives you insane burst damage with Explosive Fuels a Relic and an Adreanl(usually i can do ~10k damage just opening with Thermal, Incendiary, Rocket Punch and Railshot.