The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault Vanguard in Hm Flashpoints?

BardaTheHobo

Ok, so, does assault spec Vanguard have a place in HM flashpoints? I am about to hit 50 (49 3/4 atm) and want to work towards the Columi gear. I think the Columi gear is the best looking set minus the helmet (pvp helmet for me hehe) Anyways, can Assault Vanguard take the spot of a dps, or are they more of a off tank (throw on shield + ion cell). Or am I just better going back shield spec until I get the pieces I want.

Ok, so, does assault spec Vanguard have a place in HM flashpoints? I am about to hit 50 (49 3/4 atm) and want to work towards the Columi gear. I think the Columi gear is the best looking set minus the helmet (pvp helmet for me hehe) Anyways, can Assault Vanguard take the spot of a dps, or are they more of a off tank (throw on shield + ion cell). Or am I just better going back shield spec until I get the pieces I want.

Answer for You question mostly depends on with who are You playing. If You are doing mostly PuG with random ppl, be prepared for a lot of whining (dunno why ppl always see vanguard as a tank only o0). To avoid that, just find a good guild and play with guildies only (like me. I do not play with PuGs)

Currently I have already 2 sets of gear for my vanguard: for tank and for dps and I play both roles (respec bills are killin my budget). As a damage dealer Your main disadvantage is lack of any long CC, so some ppl will be complaining about this. On the other hand You got interrupt which is very handy (like HM Ironfist). In addition ASVG is good for kiting. DPS itself is close to other classes so no issue here (but it depends mostly on HIB proc)

Answer for You question mostly depends on with who are You playing. If You are doing mostly PuG with random ppl, be prepared for a lot of whining (dunno why ppl always see vanguard as a tank only o0). To avoid that, just find a good guild and play with guildies only (like me. I do not play with PuGs)

Currently I have already 2 sets of gear for my vanguard: for tank and for dps and I play both roles (respec bills are killin my budget). As a damage dealer Your main disadvantage is lack of any long CC, so some ppl will be complaining about this. On the other hand You got interrupt which is very handy (like HM Ironfist). In addition ASVG is good for kiting. DPS itself is close to other classes so no issue here (but it depends mostly on HIB proc)

Oh I have a good guild to go with, Problem is Im one of four of our 50's so haiving all on at once is difficult lol. I also did not want to hinder them in anyway if I had no place. Thanks for the answer! I was talking to my guildies in ts last night and we are going to have our guardian tank while I do dps and offtank if needed (plus a healer and ranged dps of course). Hopefully it will work out, Now to get all 4 50's on at once hmmm lol

Thank ya!

Edited by BardaTheHobo