Question for Battlemaster (or close to) Watchman

urshen

Hello,

for the purpose of this post I am trying to gather some info from sentinels at or near battlemaster and playing watchman spec.

background: I hit 50 a little less than a week ago leveled as combat and PvPed as combat until yesterday when I switched to watchman after a little forum browsing and reading peoples experiences between the two. I can definatly see why people consider watchman a bit more difficult to play but I do enjoy it so far and would like to make my life a little easier where possible.

Question: Mostly regarding spec.. so intially I skipped over inflamation given that leg slash provdes 20% more of snare and doesn't cost two talent points, but I am now running into an issue where I am more focus starved when I was putting my intial slow up taking me out to at least 4 globals before I can even get a merc slash out and thats not taking into account knock backs and CC's. It seems like watchman has a lot of valuable talents but which are battlemaster level players considering must haves vs merely useful and are there talents in focus or combat that you feel are must haves for this build.

Any other info regarding play style tricks. I have been avoiding trying to open with force leap to save it for knock backs however its causing even more focus issues.

I appreciate any constructive feedback or helpful info

to add a little detail...

i am in 6 pieces of champ, 1 cent.. pulling 100-200k match dependent in wz's but hear about wachmans who can average 3-500k... I solo queue most games and do small skirmish fighting in Ilum since my comp can't handle the large scale fights.

in my opinion, for best damage, while putting a snare on people, your best bet if to take the snare addition to cauterize,

and also go with the force leap range reduction and chance of focus,

then when initiating combat,

just in, which gives you 4 focus,

use overload saber,

zealous strike,

cauterize and then merciless slash,

that way you apply all your dots, and leap is on a short cooldown for any knockbacks.

you can also change it, and use cauterize after leap, and then use zealous > overload > merciless in order to have your snare on first.

yeah I am definatly gonna respec when I get home, I feel like cutting leg slash should be a good way to save a lot of focus over teh course of a fight.

out of combat trees I am taking 5 in combat (Dual wield mastery/Defensive forms), but leaves me with 1/2 in merci zeal which I am starting to wonder is even worth having 2% max hp on dot crits seems quite useful in zen but I don't really see it being that great outside of Zen it will provide a little healing but seems so small in comparison to how short our DoT timings are...

right now I am 35/5 with one floating point which i threw into 2% crit on force attacks as opposed to 1% healing is merc zeal or do I just have everything off here.

Edited by urshen

in my opinion, for best damage, while putting a snare on people, your best bet if to take the snare addition to cauterize,

Thats exactly why i did, watchman has to use cauterize and not having inflamation it in its rotation is a waste of a good talent imo

I went from combat to watchman as well and used the leg slash all the time but found it too difficult to include in the already difficult rotation so after carefully reading the specs i respecced this ability and basically never use leg slash again, also respecced stagger or whatever the name is on focus so force leap adds 1 more sec to the inmobilize effect adding it up to 3 secs

So basically you force leap = 3 secs inmobilize + cauterize = 6 secs (or 12 i cant remember) or slower speed, thats a lot of time to start getting your hits and dots on it before it moves away

yeah so i got to slip home respec and play half a game and I can already feel the difference, and your exactly right leg slash just made the rotation too much, the extra global I think was more the issue than even teh focus, but whatever it was getting the cautarize slow just made it feel so much more fluid I am really looking forward to getting off work

yeah so i got to slip home respec and play half a game and I can already feel the difference, and your exactly right leg slash just made the rotation too much, the extra global I think was more the issue than even teh focus, but whatever it was getting the cautarize slow just made it feel so much more fluid I am really looking forward to getting off work

Great man :)