Willpower>stat>stat... (napkin math)

Verphix

The vagueness of answers to this question bothers me so like many other I went looking for an answer and more importantly, why? So I brought my gear up to the supposed "soft cap" and then went above it. I wanted to see the decay of crit rating values for myself.

Crit rating Crit % value per rating of increased amount

0 0

25 1.11 .0444

417 14.00

441 14.56 .02333

500 15.88

524 16.38 .02083

543 16.76

567 17.23 .01958

678 19.20

702 19.58 .01583

You'll notice I focused a few around the 500 crit rating range and this is because that's the point where my gear was around 30% crit total. More importantly I noticed that the function isn't linear from the start, which is something I was incorrect to assume in the first place. Every point put into crit rating reduces its value. Not just at higher rating but from the very beginning.

But wait! (overly long dramatic pose) if I was wrong about the linear equation for this stat, what about the rest?

Willpower % crit from Willpower % gained per Willpower

262 2.06 .00786

1216 8.43 .0069

Power Bonus damage value per rating of increased amount

0 0

24 1.07 .2314

150 34.5

185 42.5 .22857

So not only does crit have soft caps, but I can guess that power will have a soft cap as well. Although I lack the gear to test that at the moment. However the main point that I want to make is that the statement "30% crit cap" is just misleading. If anything I would like people to see that its actually around the range of 500 crit rating that the value starts to decay too much and other stats become more appealing. Also that "stacking power" will more than likely become wrong after a higher value. This game did a very nice job of forcing players to increase all stats. Also since the decay isn't horrific and is spread over all stats, leaves plenty of room for expansions to increase gear levels without reaching absurd % values.

Also since the decay isn't horrific and is spread over all stats, leaves plenty of room for expansions to increase gear levels without reaching absurd % values.

indeed

Edited by Igax

Interesting. So till DR exists at lower values too. At around 30% Crit it becomes noticeable.

This might sound like I am imposing, but it is possible for you to try the other stats too? I am a poor lvl 44 so cant do what you can atm.

I wanna find a theoretical cap for Willpower.

Willpower is on everything so it's "cap" probably doesnt matter.

Though I suppose there are augs. But for those someone really needs to do the math and find out what xx amount of willpower will do for them vs a similar amount of a stat they are lower on like power/crit/surge etc.

PLUS if you raid you wont have much use for augs and there isnt a lot of choice for stats on gear.

What would be nice just to have it though would be to know the curve on all the stats so that tools (like rawr for example) can be made to show where a particular gear set will put you.