Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Getting discouraged playing my Guardian

Petyofi

Hello everyone!

My main character is a Jedi Guardian, currently lvl 45. For the most part I was playing a Defensive guardian, always sportnig good stats. Recently I switched to the Focus tree because I got really tired of the low damage while questing.

My real discouragement, however, comes only from PvP. (Please note that I was doing mainly PvP in WoW for 6 years and am looking mainly for the PvP in SW:ToR).

While being a tank I could only kill sith sorcerers and marauders due to high number of interupts and stuns my spec offered. In warzones, however, I'm one of those peope who experience the low-fps issue. Despite that I've done about a dozen WZs where 90% of the time I just get annihilated because despite my high defense I guard all the time and never get heals. I've won more than 2/3 of my WZs but my death count is always huge.

As a focus specced damage dealer I have good burst, but in open-world PvP even with Doc I can't kill anyone. Always end up leaving the enemies at 1/4 hp even after I've blown all my cooldowns. I simply can't compete with the damage a sorcerer or an operative agent inflict on me.

My alt is a gunslinger and making paralels between the two characters makes me wonder who my main should be..

Excuse me if my rant seems silly to you. I'm writing just after being ganked 4 times by an operative (only 1 lvl above me) who could kill me with ease even after I got the first strike.

I'm not looking for forum drama, or asking for nerfs/buffs etc. I am simply asking for any useful advice which could help me not getting humiliated at least in outdoor PvP.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I agree with you, sadly don´t have a real response, we are a bit underpowered, some days our efforts more recompensated than others, that are more common.

It ovbious we need little revamp, though i´m not crying, got a Guardian Focus i´m enjoying and will stick with it, we just need more balance between classes, actually for Jedi Guardians there isn´t.

Hey,

Warzones are simple... stay with the pack. I like to hover around and not really get noticed while taunting and guarding on every possible CD. I always use awe when its up on there pack as it can give your team time.

In open world pvp, I had similar issues to you. Mainly because guardians really do need the gear to perform well. However I found that taking out there healer while stunning them worked well. You would end up fighting the imp with doc healing you.

Often they will get the jump on you and hammer you companion. I liked force pushing them away and running the opposite way... Get out of range and combat. Then simply dismiss dead doc and then re-summon him back at full hp:)

Yeah we're not going to rock the world in pvp. Damage is pretty jokeful, defences are fairly easily bypassed, we have some utility in a group but don't bother going off solo. You may feel like a paladin but you aren't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.