Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I don't know if he's under contract, but please hire Teesquared

Chiricahua

I believe he was the head dev at Star Wars Galaxies. This guy knows MMO's backwards and forwards. Plus, he can push out development under a draconian budget. He perfected PVP in SWG, added power to the classes, while keeping it balanced. The only really bad thing about SWG in the end were poor 2003 servers which caused some very bad lag in zones. SWG was a joy in the end. For the hard core gamer it was close to perfection.

If you can't get him, cast your eyes upon the rest of the MMO world, and find some good talent. The lack of quality pvp in this game can spell its doom, just like it did with Star Trek Online. Players in that game couldn't hit the door quick enough. Also, remember SWG had 8 long years - a lifetime in an MMO.

Edited by Chiricahua

I believe he was the head dev at Star Wars Galaxies. This guy knows MMO's backwards and forwards. Plus, he can push out development under a draconian budget. He perfected PVP in SWG, added power to the classes, while keeping it balanced. The only really bad thing about SWG in the end were poor 2003 servers which caused some very bad lag in zones. SWG was a joy in the end. For the hard core gamer it was close to perfection.

If you can't get him, cast your eyes upon the rest of the MMO world, and find some good talent. The lack of quality pvp in this game can spell its doom, just like it did with Star Trek Online. Players in that game couldn't hit the door quick enough. Also, remember had 8 long years - a lifetime in an MMO.

PvP was the LEAST of STO's worries.

Also, SWG was far from a smash hit.

Just sayin....

PvP was the LEAST of STO's worries.

Also, SWG was far from a smash hit.

Just sayin....

SWTOR is very similar to STO. I made Rear Admiral in 8 days, it was even easier than here. Plus, once you capped your level, there was nothing to do, but pvp. And pvp in that game was broken. I never stuck around to see if they pulled that out of the ditch.

Don't play so much maybe?

I was in the second wave of the first day of early access. I have 2 toons in the mid 40s, and they are my highest.

I don't expect a ton of endgame from a newly released MMO, so I don't try to get to endgame yet. I also don't play EVERY day. It's nice to go to the zoo, watch a movie, spend time with my son. Just saying, you know what is in this game, and where the strengths are, so why push to max level when that is essentially where this game ends atm?

The average player is in the upper 30s to low 40s, it seems to be the most fun when I stay in the level range of the general public.

Also, I have had way more fun with SWTOR than I ever did with STO, but that is just me maybe.

Don't play so much maybe?

I was in the second wave of the first day of early access. I have 2 toons in the mid 40s, and they are my highest.

I don't expect a ton of endgame from a newly released MMO, so I don't try to get to endgame yet. I also don't play EVERY day. It's nice to go to the zoo, watch a movie, spend time with my son. Just saying, you know what is in this game, and where the strengths are, so why push to max level when that is essentially where this game ends atm?

The average player is in the upper 30s to low 40s, it seems to be the most fun when I stay in the level range of the general public.

Also, I have had way more fun with SWTOR than I ever did with STO, but that is just me maybe.

Warzones, open world pvp, and dungeons (flashpoints) is what true gamers need. We don't need any more theme park content. Actually, I spend 20% of my gaming time in WoW, the rest is here. I'm also a news junky, and I watch some TV shows, house work, real life job. You get the picture.

This game is not all about PvP... its an MMO RPG. PvP is a mini-game added for people who want a divergence. If you want a game purely designed to have great PvP... go play one.

SWG having awesome PvP??? Hahaha... laughable at best PvP it had. Restuss was a joke. Open world was a joke. Control points were a joke. And rank farming was so widespread and uncontrolled ... it was ... you guess it! A joke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.