New 1.1 Weapons Favor Light Side

Jojin

The new weapons introduced in 1.1 have the best crystals available in the game, with stats of 41 endurance, power or critical rating. These weapons themselves do not have any light or dark restrictions. However, all the crystals are blue.

So if you are light side, you are free to remove the crystal and place it into any other weapon you desire, making it very easy to get what you need. If you are dark side, you are forced to find the specific weapon with the specific type of crystal for your current build.

Normally, there are mirror versions of weapons for light and dark, with the same stats. This does not seem to be the case with these new set of items.

I can only assume there is a bug where the crystals were not designed to be removable or there was an omission for a set with Red crystals.

Either way, the current situation goes against the concept that choices for Light and Dark will not give you a game advantage.

Edited by Jojin

Does the weapon actually have a crystal that can be removed, or is it just blue? I know the champion smuggler pvp pistol is blue with no mods. Annoying if you are a dark side smuggler and have been using red crystals the entire game for RP reasons...

They have a crystal that can be removed. You can use the weapon if your darkside, even though it has a blue crystal. If you remove the crystal it then takes on the Lightside restriction and thus it is worthless to darkside.

It was something I noticed after seeing weapon after weapon drop and they all were Blue crystals.

Again this is only really concerning the majority of the new 1.1 items.

the +41 stat ones from KUS are Yellow.

On a related note, one of my guildmates got a lightsaber drop in EV last night. It has a green crystal, and the tooltip when he linked it says "Forbidden to Dark I and above.", yet it didn't say that on the tooltip in his inventory and he was able to equip it as Dark IV.

So there seems to be a bug with alignment restrictions on new weapon drops.

The new weapons introduced in 1.1 have the best crystals available in the game, with stats of 41 endurance, power or critical rating. These weapons themselves do not have any light or dark restrictions. However, all the crystals are blue.

So if you are light side, you are free to remove the crystal and place it into any other weapon you desire, making it very easy to get what you need. If you are dark side, you are forced to find the specific weapon with the specific type of crystal for your current build.

Normally, there are mirror versions of weapons for light and dark, with the same stats. This does not seem to be the case with these new set of items.

I can only assume there is a bug where the crystals were not designed to be removable or there was an omission for a set with Red crystals.

Either way, the current situation goes against the concept that choices for Light and Dark will not give you a game advantage.

You are kidding right? Complaining about a slight imbalance on a color crystal with a slight upgrade in stats when your Imperial mirror classes have had ability imbalances since day 1? Cry me a river.

i think, ( i maybe wrong though) that some colors are supposed to be for one side only, and as far ast he restriction goes, i think the game lets you equip the item , even if you cant use the crystal, you just cant take it out and put it back in elswhere it wont let you, not entirely sure myself

this COULD be an oversight though, much like you cannot RE some green items you should be able to (they said it was a simple oversight , yet tracking down each and every item in a database and tag them correctly will take time , im not envious of the intern that gets the oh so fun task of doing it lol)

Report it as a bug, or just report it, stuff wont get looked at or corrected because people are lazy and wont bother giving feedback and report bugs and stuff

Edited by LaVolpex