Ataru Strikes and Offhand hits

Sacerdos

Off hand attacks have a 67% base chance to hit with special melee attacks. When you use Blase Rush and its offhand attack hits, it'll proc two Ataru Strikes (you'll see two yellow attacks proc and the mob's health will go down with the corresponding amount).

However, I haven't been able to confirm if offhand hits with other melee attacks proc Ataru Strikes as well. Accuracy may be fairly valuable past the main hand soft cap for combat spec, much more so than other specs.

Edit: Also, the double Ataru Strikes on Blade Rush make it incredibly powerful as our filler ability. Adding it all together, Blade Rush will do ~1.5k-2k base damage and if it triple crits it'll hit up to the 3k-4k range.

Edited by Sacerdos

It's not an offhand proc. The Blade Rush automatic Ataru Strike doesn't count as a proc. Because of this, you can get a proc on the ability. Procs are based on ability usage and you can only get one with the exception of Blade Rush.

Also, the double Ataru Strikes on Blade Rush make it incredibly powerful as our filler ability. Adding it all together, Blade Rush will do ~1.5k-2k base damage and if it triple crits it'll hit up to the 3k-4k range.
Shuush Edited by Notensack

Never seen 2 ataru procs on anything but BR. On master strike though, i can theorise that you can proc on the first strike and the last (procs every 1.5 sec and the attack is 3 sec long).

I think this is plausible because when i tested watchman my overload sabre + master strike put 2 dots on the mob and not one.

Coramac, i've got some evidence saying otherwise---I've seen double procs during Master Strike.

Of course, I can't PROVE this without a combat log (HURRY UP DAMMIT), but there it is.

It's the ability animation delay. Master Strike is 3s, it will proc on first and last hits if you are very lucky, but numbers might appear all at once because of the delay (and lag).

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

It's the ability animation delay. Master Strike is 3s, it will proc on first and last hits if you are very lucky, but numbers might appear all at once because of the delay (and lag).

You're kind of right.

I did some quick testing this morning, would have done more but work /sigh. Basically, Blade Rush then Master Strike and normal attacking.

There was never an Ataru proc on the first attack. There was always a single proc on the last. So, I was like "yep, I was right." Then, I thought... wait a second, I've done this 15 times, which granted isn't a great sample, but there is only a .003% chance of this happening. So, I changed it up. Blade Rush then Master Strike then waiting. And two procs. 100% of the time, but it's delayed displaying. So, first attack proc occurs at t3. Second attack proc occurs at like t4 or t4.5.

Then I did Blade Rush followed by Strike. I had 15 consecutive Ataru procs on Strike- all single procs.

It's not an offhand proc. The Blade Rush automatic Ataru Strike doesn't count as a proc. Because of this, you can get a proc on the ability. Procs are based on ability usage and you can only get one with the exception of Blade Rush.

Oh I see. That does make sense.