Enhancement stations broken?

Psyra

Trying to use the Enhancement Station at Market on Hutta seems to be a no-go. The window comes up when you choose a weapon, but all that appears for text is 'undefined', and there's no buttons on the console window. If it means anything, I'm trying to mod the Cerean Sentry Rifle.

PS: Was in various beta weekends and the consoles worked fine during those (I disassembled and reassembled a few weapons without problems) so I know what I'm doing... :)

Couldn't seem to find a search function on forum so apologies if this has been covered before.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i saw the same thing on that enhancement station in the market on hutta. i am wondering if anyone has reported that bug yet?

i am also not sure how to properly make use of an enhancement station. is there a guide or similar for them? with the search function down, i cant even go looking on the forums! i will check the manual after i post this and hope to answer my own questions. right now, i dont think that i have any modable items in-game, nor would i know how to tell if i did. what items are needed to mod an item?

It's not a bug. Enhancement Stations are obsolete in retail and became obsolete sometime in beta. The one in Hutta is a lore object that you click on to gain a Codex entry, that's it, nothing more.

To modify an item that can actually be modified, simply execute CTRL+Right Click on the item's icon either on your character when you press C, or in your inventory.

To find out if any item can be modified, simply mouse over the item's icon and look for text that says, "CTRL + Right click to Modify." If that text is not there, then the item cannot be modified.

Edited by BlackRifle

The problem is that when you click on the Mod Station it gives you a list of items, and it still lists most guns since in Beta you could take the crystal out. That was changed, but those still list in the Mod station when you click on it.

So just because it is listed does NOT mean you can mod it.

http://psyra.ca/stuff/wbpic.jpg

i found the info regarding modifying items in this thread just as helpful as the write up in the game manual. thanks for the clues on how to do it.

the bug i was referring to is not that the enhancement stations dont work. it was in regards to the text shown in the link that Psyra provided. that element, the gibberish of overwritten text, may be on a obsolete item that no longer has any functionality(except for the lore/codex), but i would not be the least bit surprised if it appeared elsewhere in the game. i also realize that this is one of those Wishlist sorts of bugs that is the lowest of the low in terms of priority.

Edited by socialwaif

Enhancement stations.....we talking about "workbench" right?!,

Well you do need it, becasue not all items can be modified on the spot.......

I can't modify my lightsaber unless this bug is resolved :(

Anyone got an update on this one?

(ticket has been issued, customers support it's preatty busy this days....

they are aware of this bug anyway)

Enhancement stations.....we talking about "workbench" right?!,

Well you do need it, becasue not all items can be modified on the spot.......

I can't modify my lightsaber unless this bug is resolved :(

Anyone got an update on this one?

(ticket has been issued, customers support it's preatty busy this days....

they are aware of this bug anyway)

There are NO items that require a Mod Station\workbench to modify. The 'bug" shown in the pic is what happens if you select an item from the list that was modifiable before items were changed near the end of Beta. They show up in the list,but are items that can not be modified.

To sum up.

At one point in Beta all Guns and Lightsabers were able to have their crystal's removed/changed. This changed but some of them still show up in the list when you click on a mod station to bring up a list of your items that can be modded.

Here is a Lightsaber that is in game that can't be modded.